Pages

06 July, 2010

More Mail

Got two things in the mail today... 

The first comes w/ no picture. The Soap Nuts I won from Eco Nuts. I had to laugh when I opened the box because they left me a note apologizing for being out of the sample size that I won... instead they sent me the next size up and apologized for any inconvenience it caused me. Inconvenience?  I guess for the extra loads of laundry I'll get to do lol. 


The other was the Rearz diaper. 


First impression? Eh... It was the cheapest of the diapers I got so no complaints. Now if I'd paid the original price (was cut in half) that might be different. I'm glad I didn't get two like I'd planned though. I can get past the orange colour obviously. It really isn't that bad even if it wouldn't be my first choice. 


I like that it has a cute pattern on the inside, although I wish we'd had more of a choice (or any choice)... in the picture online it looked like it would be an orange or red pattern and its very pink. That might have been a deal breaker if I'd known. Baba was not thrilled about that either. It is a soft cotton, not as soft as the Katydid's but still nice, so that's a plus. 


I like that the inserts snap together and to the diaper inside its pocket... I didn't unsnap them in the picture, just pulled them out so you can kinda see how it does... But they're very thin. Same pattern as the inside of the diaper and look like the same material. I have a feeling we'll be adding inserts... 


Now, on the other hand, there is one thing I love about these. They have gussets! I love gussets. 


I'm hoping that I end up loving this diaper... Right now not so much, but a lot of it is just the look of it. The thinness of the inserts is really the only major issue... and it may be nothing. And if it is there are all the other inserts we have around here that can be substituted (even if they don't snap in the same) or added to these.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Pink and orange is a little odd.

I want to hear how you like the soap nuts. I've been thinking of trying them for a while.

MK said...

Planning to do a post on it soon :-)