Pages

18 May, 2010

MPM 17 May - 24 May


Ok, first off... I'm going back to my Excel MPM nini... Its more convenient for me and I like the way it looks. Not as easy to link recipes, but I can do that underneath like before. It works.

Secondly... Yes this weeks menu is very basic. We're in the middle of packing/moving. Not planning to get more groceries this week. Lots of sandwiches and leftovers if possible. Thankfully we do like them lol. Next week will probably be the same since we'll be unpacking/organizing.. all that fun stuff. 

So here it is...
 Now, little snippet from this afternoon I have to share. I've been working on this on and off all day. This afternoon Kalila came up and said that her throat hurt. She looked really tired so I tried to trick her into taking a nap (because if she fights it the tired would go away at that point and she'd just go crazy). She didn't want on to sit on the couch though, instead she asked for a snack. So I got her an apple and got her settled on her Elmo chair watching a cartoon. 
  • Note: the TV and computer are side by side in here... We'd set her chair right by the couch, so she was right behind me and would have to walk by me to get anywhere. Kalila's also not the type to just sit and watch TV, either she interacts with the show... jumping and dancing, yelling out answers, telling and/or asking us about things, etc. Or she does other things like play with a toy or read (sometimes leaving the room in the process lol). 
So I got her set up, fully expecting all that fun stuff... and I sat down here w/ Zavier and tried to work on the meal plan. A few minutes later I realized it was entirely too quiet and I freaked. Kalila + quiet does not equal good things. I turned around to see this - 



Huge sigh of relief lol. For once she woke up from her nap pretty happy (she's good w/ mornings, but waking up from a nap is awful for everyone involved normally) and the rest of the day went well. A little rough right before bedtime but she settled down pretty quickly. I'm definitely keeping an eye on the throat thing though. She said it wasn't hurting anymore later, but I caught a couple coughs. 

Oh and links to the recipes I got online - 

Eggless Pancakes - http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,165,133179-255194,00.html

Pan Macaroni - http://lebaneserecipes.org/maakarona-bil-saynieh-macaroni-in-the-pan/

Wholewheat Oatmeal Waffles - http://portland.todaysmama.com/2010/04/whole-wheat-and-oatmeal-waffles/

4 comments:

Deborah said...

That's an adorable picture of Kalila! I'm glad she got the sleep she needed.

Rae said...

I am really late catching up with blog reading/commenting, but I wanted to say congrats on Zavier!

Christy said...

Hey, I have another eggless pancake recipe if you would like to try it. They are the best pancakes EVER.

MK said...

Deborah - Thanks!

Rae - Understood :-) and Thanks!

Christy - I would love that! We're about out of eggs here is why I went for this one, I know it'll happen again at some point lol.