Pages

18 March, 2010

Copied From New Homepage

*Note - I just copied and pasted here. I really am sorry about all this... I haven't (obviously) quite finished the process yet, wanted this to post first. Once it happens if you'd like continue reading this, please comment on the homepage & let me know so I can send the invite. I'll prob write more about this later/when I do but for now I've got things to do. *

I'll apologize for the inconvenience here... another change. Its one that I've thought about, debated, and put off doing because I really liked having my links and some of the stuff I post about being public. Plus I've made some great blog-friends on here (and hoping I don't lose yall). But its time to make my blog private. If that means the family I started it for doesn't see it, so be it... 

First off there's the constant worry about pictures of us (esp the kids) being so public. I want family to see them, I do... and I enjoy seeing the pics on the other blogs I read and (for the most part) enjoy the responses I get from them too. But as a parent there's always that worry. I've tried my best to keep locations out and all that fun stuff, but still...



That alone really made me consider doing this... but like I hinted at above, I just couldn't bring myself to let go of meeting new people this way and especially keeping it open to family. I know, for those of you (family) who don't blog, its going to be annoying and a big inconvenience to log in to see my stuff... 


Anyways, lately I've gotten several very rude comments on my blog. Some making fun of Kalila, some attacking me, etc. Tonight was the last straw... Apparently taking off the option for anonymous commenters just wasn't enough. And honestly I can't take this right now... I don't want to get rid of my blog altogether, so this is the best thing I can think of to do. 


Now the one upside to this whole mess is that (beyond the whole logging in issue) it helped me come up with an idea quickly that I'd really been at a loss for before.  Separate homepage (here) that is still public. My regular blog will be password protected like my personal one is. Both are linked at the end of my links above (hidden since I'm out of room) and over to the side. Anything I'd regularly post on my regular blog will still be there, but some things may/will be copied over here... MPM's for example, reviews, small updates. We'll see how it goes, but my goal is to keep somethings public like I'd originally wanted. 


As for old posts that would fall into this... I have no idea how they'll make it over here honestly. I may randomly put them up a little at a time. We'll see.

4 comments:

kim said...

I have been going through this whole thought process too. A few posts ago I mentioned it. (in my case) just a few people I really don't want to have access to all my info have told me they have read some of my posts etc and it made me really rethink things...I am still in the process of converting things to private.

I have never gotten any rude or anyomous comments at all. That would be upsetting. But I have heard that ao many others have....don't know why.

sorry that these ppl are doing that.

Mama Kalila said...

I must have missed that post or maybe I didn't and commented on it, my brain is fried to begin with and even more so after tonight...

I didn't mention it but a couple people I don't want to have access were another reason the thought had come up for me too.

I didn't get any rude comments until recently and now they're just coming out of the woodwork. I really have to wonder if they're random or not. Either way its not worth getting that upset, esp not right now.

I hope you never get any btw.. not fun :-(

Lelo and Stitch said...

Love you and I am still interested in reading your blog.... will that mean there is no way it will e-mail me like it has before? if thats to difficult I get it... not to mention I know that I dont respond as often so maybe you don't want to so that I will respond more often...lol...although we would have to see I might forget to check lol. LOVE YOU ad hang in there. Call me if you need to talk

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks Abby. I still haven't completely decided honestly. Part of me really wants to do this... and part of me doesn't. :-/ I'll let ya know though.