Pages

03 February, 2010

Mmmm Blueberries

Kalila's been talking about blueberries all day. It didn't help that Dora went on a berry hunt this morning lol. So I promised her I'd make her a snack w/ some this afternoon... good thing they were on sale last week!

Well naptime came and poor Kalila woke after only an hour thanks to a nightmare... So glad she calmed down quickly. I think making our snacks helped, she certainly had a blast.

Instead of doing what I really wanted (and still plan to do when I have more time) I cheated a bit... We got crescent rolls, spread cream cheese on them, added blueberries & rolled them up, with an extra berry on top.  Kalila loved counting the berries out... but I had more luck having her count the ones she was sneaking than the ones we rolled lol. 


Before they went in the oven...



After done...



And a few pics of Kalila eating her snack. She's still at the table right now lol. 


They did taste pretty good so I'm happy with it... Nice quick snack.

9 comments:

kim said...

looks good. I made a recipe once just like that but with apples instead.

Lelo and Stitch said...

Is it sad that you put more effort and time into makin a snack with Kalila then I put in making our dinner... lol. It looks good though :-D

Lelo and Stitch said...

LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

she has a big nose, poor child

Mama Kalila said...

Kim - I've done it w/ strawberry jelly too... :-)

Abby - LOL

Anonymous - Ass.. Gotta love people who can't even own up to their own comments.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Gotta wonder why people waste their time typing worthless comments like that. Does it really make them feel better about themselves?

Mama Kalila said...

Good question...

Keith said...

She's absolutely beautiful in every way. Anyone who says otherwise is either: 1. dealing with some serious vision issues, or 2. wanting to be punched in the face.

btw, it looks like this was a very fun snack! Considering it combines two of Grayson's dietary staples, blueberries and bread, we may have to give it a shot.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks lol. I really did want to do some serious punching when I first read that...

Grayson seems to have good tastes.. We love blueberries here.. and bread lol