Pages

08 January, 2010

Training Pants

Hmm... I seriously thought I would have done one of these on this subject by now. I guess not. Silly me... 

I don't even remember when we started looking at training pants. I could figure it out because I do know I mentioned that at some point... not really worth looking up though. 

What we ended up settling on were Potty Patties (once again from their website, not my pic). Note that link is not where we got them.




I like them... I really do. They work. Not having tried Gerbers I'm not 100% sure its worth having to buy online... but the Gerber ones do look a lot thinner.  If we need to buy anymore I might try them just to see... Honestly I can see some advantages to holding less, even if these are more convienent to me. 

We did almost go with some AIO trainers... Gerber makes some that are waterproof, but the cost was so much more...  Not as much as the Super Undies (although I like the look of those lol) or Snap EZ or any others of that style I've seen. Plus they (the Gerbers) still have that same problem that their covers have... They're made of vinyl... not breathable, breaks down easily, etc... I know they're great on leaks... (remember us using them for diaper covers back when? LOL Nothing escapes!) So that's a plus, but not sure its worth it... 

Cost wasn't the only thing (or even the main thing) we considered there though... those bits at the end were a big part of cutting out anything w/ vinyl. Plus there's the whole too much like a diaper thing going on. Lately I've been kinda wishing for that, but overall I don't see that as something we really want in a pair of training pants.. .at least us personally. Now for nights it might be nice...



So we're happy with the ones we chose, but not entirely sure we'll get them again... We have bought a lot (err a few packages) of "big girl panties" though... She wears those more often than the training pants really and I think she does better in them. Harder on me when there's a problem lol, but still.

3 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

We have some of the polly potty ones, some of the thin non-waterproof gerber, and some that are made by diaperwraps. The diaperwraps ones are the most waterproof, but they are also harder to pull up and down due to the tighter elastic. The gerber ones can be worn with plastic pants over, but we just usually put her in those alone when we are home for the day. It is much more effective when she has an accident.

Mama Kalila said...

I hadn't heard of the first or last brands you mentioned, but there are so many lol. And yeah, actually having an accident seems to help more w/ the training... Thinking more about it, I would kinda like waterproof trainers for going out & nights just to get her away from diapers completely, but not if it means resorting to vinyl (or as several of you called them, plastic pants) and that's about what we'd have to do because the others cost so much more.

Steph said...

I've used both the Patty Potty and the Gerbers. While at first I preferred the Patty Potty ones because they do absorb so very much more, after several washings, the Gerbers were softer which is a plus with Kairi's skin.

Typically, though, we just use big girl panties. Although, if someone else is watching her, I try to put her in the thicker training pants so that if there is an accident, it's not nearly as large.

I've been thinking about putting her in those water proof training pants at nights. She's making almost no progress on night time training, and I'm tired of night diapers. I don't have to change it in the night, but she'll fight me to keep it on when she gets up every single morning. Maybe if she's waking up in wet panties it won't be so pleasant and she'll start getting up when she needs to pee. I can hope so, right?