Pages

18 January, 2010

Oops

Apparently I was worried about the wrong thing lol.

Glucose levels were perfect.

No antibodies. (doing a happy dance here)

Very anemic still. 

Apparently my body is not processing these pills very well... so switching kinds. I know I will butcher the spelling if I try, so instead... the kind that's partially broken down already. I get to switch to those, plus an herb, plus nettle tea.  Which is fine. 

On another note (much lighter one) I hear Kalila telling Granny that seatbelts keep you safe. LOL I think I'm gonna have another cute Kalila story post coming up soon... She's been hilarious today. 

8 comments:

kim said...

my iron is like that too. You could look it up I know somehwere i read that when you take the iron pills that you should/or should not eat them with certain foods. Like the absorb better with certain foods but I forget which ones now.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Vitamin C foods increase absorbtion, so maybe try eating more citrus and tomato in combination with meat. I ate a lot of Somali goat meat during pregnancy and my hemoglobin was always 13-14. Its worth a shot.

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah I already knew all that (but thanks). I've been doing that with my pills and eating a lot of meat too (we always do). Cooking on cast iron as much as possible too.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

I wonder what's keeping your body from absorbing it. That's strange. :-( How low was it?

Mama Kalila said...

I'm not really sure :-/ but several kinds of anemia run in my family so I'm not too surprised even if I am annoyed by it lol.

And it was 10.2 :-( She said under 10 we have to have a hospital birth, so its gotta go up.

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Deborah said...

Here's hoping (and praying) that your iron levels go up!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks :-)