Pages

01 December, 2009

Was Gonna Wait A Bit...

But I couldn't lol.

We are not through decorating our tree by far, but I have gotten started on it & think it looks pretty cute. I used ribbons (if you can't tell in the pic) to decorate it w/ because much more toddler and cat friendly. Kalila was very excited to help me with putting them up and has actually been very good w/ the tree in general. She doesn't pull at the lights, hasn't knocked it over, or anything like that... She does hug it though lol.


I don't remember if I posted about him last year, so forgive me if this is a repeat... But at some point I saw the Elf on a Shelf idea and fell in love with it. Unfortunately I did not fall in love with the actual Elf that comes in the box (he's just goofy looking imo) or the price that went along with it. So we decided to go looking for our own Elf... and couldn't find one for anything last year. What we did end up finding was a "Christmas Moose" who we named Chocolate Moose. He's very soft, cute & cuddly and we all love him.

For those who haven't heard of Elf on a Shelf, basically the story is that he comes to your home during Advent (or whatever you call the period before Christmas if you don't do Advent) and watches over the kids... Every night he goes back to the North Pole & tells Santa if they've been naughty or nice that day. Every morning he comes back and hides in a new spot for them to find.

Last year Kalila was way too young to really do anything with it other than take pics. This year we brought him out & her eyes lit up. I explained the story to her and she got all bubbly again and started talking about being a good girl. LOL

I need to get a pic of them together, but here's one of Chocolate Moose...


And last but not least... I have a video to share... Way too cute. I've been wanting to get one of Kalila talking more for quite awhile, but she clams up when the camera comes out. Well last night she woke up and was waiting for Baba to come in... got quiet at first when she saw me, but picked right back up. I hope I can get more like this soon.


video