Pages

12 December, 2009

A Productive Day Or So...

Ok, I have to tell you about today... even if only because I have to share a story from lunch! 
 

Going back a little bit... Yesterday Campaign 26 was due... I'm feeling a little silly for 2 reasons... one I was thinking it was due at midnight instead of in the afternoon because I got AM & PM mixed up... but I did get it done, so... yeah. Plus I forgot that I'd be billed for some gift sets that I signed up to sell when I first signed up. I really hope that works out & that I get some more sales this next campaign. I'm seeing some cute stuff in the new catalogs so am hopeful lol. 


Then today... Kalila snuck off while we were sleeping and got ahold of Baba's sweet tarts. Ate a quarter of a box.... Can you say sugared? Part of me wants to be upset because she doesn't need that much sweets, but... hard to stay mad when she's being that cute & she was... All sorts of smiles and stuff. 

Well then Gido called and asked us to lunch... We ended up going to Denny's, which I love because they have new options on their grandslam that include whole wheat pancakes, turkey bacon & chicken sausage... Seriously it is soooo good. And they'll do it on the Jr one too. So we went & our food came... I remember seeing Kalila grab a bite of her scrambled eggs, but we were talking and a minute later (literally wasn't more than a minute) we saw her go for Gido's eggs... So imagine 3 people getting onto her to stop at once lol... and then we realized that her eggs were gone. Not on the floor, not on her, flat out gone. She scarfed those eggs... Finished off her turkey bacon and most of the sausage too, and a good part of the pancakes. Still in a bit of awe over that... I shouldn't be, I see her eat like that everyday... but still. 

After that we had a Sams run... Between eggs & vinegar we usually have to go about every two weeks, but this was one of our big trips. We have them once a month or two... but came out spending a bit less than we thought we would, which is always nice. Esp when its including a couple Christmas gifts that you normally wouldn't be getting lol. Plus Gido went and walked around with us, so we got a chance to talk to him a little more while we were doing that...  


Said goodbye to Gido then and headed to HEB... For some reason our big trips always seem to be on the same week and we had a lot to get there too... so when we got to the register & it was $25 we were both shocked. I don't know if its the time of year or what, but they had a ton of sales going... I noticed it while I was shopping, but didn't realize it would make that much of a difference. On top of that, were were starting to get hungry so we stopped by the sushi sampler a couple times lol... Kalila started yelling for more at the checkout and then told me that I need to learn how to make it. I agree.


Then on to Ali Baba's for meat... Kalila fell asleep in the truck though so I stayed outside this time. I prob wouldn't mention this at all, but Baba... I have such a wonderful husband... When he walked in, instead of heading straight to the meat he went to see if they had Rubicon first. They haven't in awhile, I'd thought of asking him to look and changed my mind... wasn't expecting it to be there.. But he looked & there was. Seriously, that alone would have made my day lol.


At that point we wanted nothing more than to come home and rest... but Kalila needed vitamins & I needed some stuff for my heartburn, so on to Sun Harvest.  I went ahead and got her the vitamins she'd picked out when we were trying to decide still... They're gummy, which I don't really care for... but that seems about the only option right now. They're also sour gummies lol... so part of me was worried she wouldn't actually eat them, but she's had her first & loved it. So I guess she knew what she was choosing! My heartburn stuff... I have to say I'm glad I went ahead and got it. The midwife had recommended it (basically its a chewable papaya enzime type nini) but we hadn't decided if we were gonna get it. We had Tums and they usually work... but its gotten so bad that I was eating too many Tums... So wanted to try this... and they work. Its great. And they don't taste horrible either... I don't care for papaya normally so I was a little skeptical about the taste lol. 


From there we did come home... Baba decided to take a nap & Kalila keeps going in there and telling him not to let the bed bugs bite lol. Too cute... 


Me on the other hand... I'm cooking dinner. Making Cream Cheese Chicken w/ rice & broccoli. I can't wait for it to get done... Is funny because the first time I made it I apologized to Baba thinking he wouldn't like it... but he loved it & has begged me to make it again ever since. Had to wait until today because we ran out of cream of mushroom... Need to get to cleaning out the fridge & pantry so I prob should get off here lol... But just had to share.. Has been a really good day.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Ooh, that cream cheese chicken sounds good! Too bad my husband doesn't like cream cheese ...

Thank you for your very supportive comment on my blog the other day. It helps so much just to know people care!

Susie of Arabia said...

That WAS a busy day! I'm excited to hear about the new menu at Denny's with non-pork bacon and sausage!!! Next time I'm in the states...
We used to call Sam's the $100 Club because it always seemed like we never got out there without spending at least $100!
Happy Holidays to you and the family - and thank you for letting us share in your lives.

Steph said...

Sounds like a great but busy day! And I'm so glad that Jason liked the chicken. :) It's definitely a favorite in my house.

Mama Kalila said...

Deborah - It really is. Sorry he doesn't like cream cheese! And of course... I know how scary that feeling is. I really do hope things are going well.

Susie - Yeah.. We found out about them on our trip to South Padre for that wedding & I was so excited lol. We actually can manage to get in and out of Sams under 100... we do on most of our trips. But... we have the one big one every month or two (that's obviously gonna be around 100 or a little more) and the rest are just eggs, vinegar & baking soda... every once in awhile something else will pop up in one of the small trips, but not enough to end up costing very much.

Steph - Me too. I'd been wanting to try it since you'd shared it & kept putting it off until last time we talked about it. Am so glad I went ahead...