Pages

04 December, 2009

I Lied..

Well, if you read this blog post a few posts back (which I did just add a comment to at the end lol) you know I had intended on making slight changes to the blog, but nothing crazy... 

Obviously that didn't happen lol. 

I started out with just those slight changes (actually weeks ago, just late getting around to telling everyone) but today... I don't know what I was thinking, but I just got that I wanna change things mood going. I'm glad I did though. 


For one thing, it didn't take much time to do really. I have been working around the house at the same time... playing with Kalila... making dinner.. all that fun stuff. I even have proof of some of that I'll add below lol. But yeah, it was a fun thing to do during my breaks and stuff... 


And... the part I think I am going to like the most... It makes it easier for me to change things in the future. Every time I have, I've lost EVERYTHING. Had to start from scratch... Not fun. Is why I hadn't planned on changing my background again. This way I'll still have to redo widgets and stuff when I change it, but I won't be starting from scratch by far. 


But... of course I am this time... So please have some patience with the links sections. I'm not going to sit down and do them all at once. Just not gonna happen. So it may take awhile. Hopefully not too long. I like my links lol. 


Speaking of... as you can see they are now on seperate pages. Because I use blogger, technically they're seperate blogs too... but I'm linking them all back here & using them as pages instead. It works right? That's part of what's gonna save me when I change things up from time to time... and (another thing I like) it clears up my main page so its not so cluttered. I may change the titles of them, but for now at least this works lol. 


Like I said in the other post... 

I am still going to fix the labels slowly over time. Or continue doing so... Nothing that will be rushed though. 


I'm still excited about the little reactions thing under each post... Not sure how it'll work out, but.. that's ok lol. 


I mentioned the buttons and widgets too... I'm not sure which ones I'll put back on here. Obviously a couple have already made it. Some may make it to the links pages. We'll see. 


And since I promised... or hinted at... whatever.  Here's a glimps of my day!







Oh... and another reason I'm glad I did this... the composing page is so much nicer now!

6 comments:

Mistika said...

I love this layout!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! I really do too... I liked the other too, but... I'm horrible, big things, important things, I can stick with... little things I can't. I have to have change. I used to dye my hair constantly & go back and forth on curly or straight... my clothes are still all diff styles. If we had more room our furniture would move more than it has too lol.

babyyahyah said...

i didn't know you could link blogs as pages...interesting

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah, I kinda rigged it up lol. The template I used (I really love that site is where I've gotten the last few) has the spaces for links at the top & I got into the html to link them to the "blogs" and then in their html to link home back to the main page.

Jeanette said...

share the site because my outline is a pain and if I change it all the blogs look wonky with pictures covering words and such. what a mess

Mama Kalila said...

Sure...

http://lenatoewsdesigns.blogspot.com/

She has some great templates... You have to copy the html and put it in that way, but its really not hard at all. If you pick one that has links like mine you will either have to delete them from the html (I finally got that done on my other pages lol took awhile to figure out though) or rig up a way to have other pages like I did. Most of her older templates don't have them though so non issue.