Pages

19 December, 2009

Gotta Love Em...

Is kinda funny... When we first bought "good" diaper covers (you know not just Gerber vinyl ones) I picked 3 diff kinds to try and the Thirsties... well they only made the cut because they were the least expensive. Not that the others I chose were a lot more, but still... I really didn't think I'd like the Thirsties as much... but as you all know from past posts, they are my absolute favourite covers.

Today was one of those days that reinforced that... 

I knew we were gonna be going out today. We had plans, some of them changed, but still plans. As always we ended up rushing and a good chunk of that because Kalila was dragging her feet... So I grabbed a diaper to get her ready & went w/ a prefold & Thirstie cover. 

Note: at this point we have two size of covers... The larges are my fav's because they really fit her. The mediums kind of fit, but... They prob should be put away. The cover I grabbed was a medium... Not the one from that very first batch, but just a few months newer than it. So well used and prob not the best choice size wise...

But that's the one I grabbed & I got it on her and got her dressed as quickly as possible. I put a bit more thought into which cover to take as backup... almost grabbed a Bummi, but thought better of it since we were going out (and they flat out don't fit anymore... that's a leak waiting to happen). I grabbed a second Thirstie. 

Not going to go into a lot of detail here, but when we got where we were going (weekly meal w/ Gido, since he's doing the Beauty & the Beast thing we've been having them on Sat instead of Sun) Gido noticed a dirty diaper... So I went to change it & had a feeling we'd be changing it again before we left the restraunt. I was right...

Just about the time we were finishing Baba picked her up and decided to check... I'll be nice and leave the rest to your imagination. This had to have been the worst diaper either of us have ever seen... and that's saying something. We went running. He had ahold of her, so into the mens room we went... I quickly bowed out since there was another man in there lol. Thankfully they do have a changing table in there (lol so Baba can't use that excuse anymore) so I dropped the bag & ran... 

I really felt for Baba... LOL. He had a dazed look on his face when he came back. But... one of the first things he told me was that somehow, amazingly, nothing had gotten out. No leaks... 

Which of course brought up the fact that we are gonna have to get some more at some point soon... both diapers & covers. Covers are gonna have to wait a little longer of course, but.... We'd been planning to pick up a package or two of prefolds (Gerbers mostly) here and there throughout the pregnancy & haven't really been doing that... So we decided to get another on our Target run today. So I feel pretty good about that. I may not like them quite as much as Indian prefolds, but... they do the job & as many as we'll need for a newborn... 



Anyways, had to share. & now I'm off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, [url=http://childbirth-videos-to-watch-online.com/]childbirth-videos-to-watch-online.com[/url]

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I come across this website by on a fluke when I was going through Google then I came upon your web site. I must say your site is very interesting I love your theme! I don’t possess much free time at the current moment to read through your website web sitebut I bookmarked it. I will be back in a day or two. Thanks for a great site. Cheers, 4adult.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, childbirth videos to watch online