Pages

08 December, 2009

Decisions - Mattress Edition

You have CafeMom to thank for me doing this post now... I might have put it off a little longer, but one of the due date mama's brought up the wraps and got me thinking about it all over again. Probably a good thing though because this is probably one of the biggest things we have to make a decision on. Throw in the pricing and I want time to find the best deals on it for sure.

Basically I have two options on mattresses. Two that are exceptable to me anyway lol. One is going organic... The other is the wrap nini. 

I'll be honest & say I'm leaning more towards just going with an organic mattress. No chemicals = no wrapping needed. No wrapping means not having to worry about the materials the sheets and sleepers are made of.  Not worrying about them means we don't need to buy new ones lol and even if we do, any new wouldn't cost quite what the ones needed to go with the wrap would. Unfortunately the organic mattresses cost way more. Not giving up by any stretch though... 


If we go for the BebeSafe wrap we'll still need to buy a mattress... and the wrap... plus the underblanket. All sheets would need to be 100% cotton. I'm not sure what the ones we have now are (I prob should shouldn't I?). Not worrying much about the no softeners being used on baby's clothing thing because we don't do that anyway... but looking at all the numbers it looks like it adds up to about the same price as one of the mattresses would.  Definitely cheaper than some of the mattresses lol, but equal to the best ones I've seen so far.



If you're wondering why this is coming up now and not w/ Kalila... It did lol. I read about mattress wrapping before I got pg last time & wanted to look into it more, but got distracted with everything else going on... and since we planned to co-sleep (and did) we decided just to get a reg mattress. I've never liked the thing though (it really is awful) and we transitioned her way too early and I would have been much more comfortable if we'd spent more time on this decision. Even if Zavier is older when we transition, I'm sure there'll be times he's in there & I want to at least know I looked into all this more this time lol. 

5 comments:

babyyahyah said...

well I have heard that you should get a new mattress per each new baby. Something about old baby spitup and stuff that gets soaked into the baby mattress and can cause SIDS or something. Now I don't know if I believe that--but I have heard that. It could eb true I don't know. that being said, we used the same mattress for all 5 kids...lol.

Mama Kalila said...

I've heard the same thing... it actually goes along with (or is similar to) the theory about the chemical fumes causing (or being one cause of) SIDS. If I remember right, the BebeSafe site mentions it along with their stuff anyway.

But... is a moot point here. Kalila's mattress is on her bed lol. We'd have to get a new one anyway.

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Mama Kalila said...

Ok... Yeah I do. Its under MamaKalila. I added it to my blog, forgot it got lost in the switch.

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we secure been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for the benefit of a sustained leisure conditions and remember how to harness the titanic power of Xrumer and turn it into a Spondulix machine.

We also provender the cheapest prices on the market. Assorted competitors see fit cost 2x or square 3x and a a pile of the continuously 5x what we charge you. But we believe in providing prominent mending at a small affordable rate. The entire incidental of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper surrogate to buying Xrumer. So we focusing to keep that thought in cognizant and outfit you with the cheapest standing possible.

Not simply do we take the greatest prices but our turnaround time after your Xrumer posting is super fast. We compel have your posting done in the forefront you know it.

We also cater you with a full log of affluent posts on contrary forums. So that you can get the idea seeking yourself the power of Xrumer and how we have harnessed it to help your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can think to see thousands upon thousands of backlinks for your site. Tons of the forums that your Place you settle upon be posted on have high PageRank. Having your association on these sites can truly mitigate strengthen up some cover dignity endorse links and really as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating utterly the roof.

This is making your site more and more popular. And with this inflate in regard as grammatically as PageRank you can keep in view to witness your area absolutely rank gamy in those Search Locomotive Results.
Above

The amount of transportation that can be obtained by harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your situation to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may equivalent be publishing your position to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Imagine 1 mail on a stylish forum disposition inveterately rig out 1000 or so views, with communicate 100 of those people visiting your site. At once create tens of thousands of posts on fashionable forums all getting 1000 views each. Your see trade ordain go because of the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or singular far your site. Deem how divers sales or leads you can execute with this titanic figure up of targeted visitors. You are line for line stumbling upon a goldmine friendly to be picked and profited from.

Retain, Traffic is Money.
[/b]

GET YOUR TWOPENNY BLAST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com