Pages

20 November, 2009

Poor Thing

Backing up a bit here...

Yesterday I noticed Kalila was a bit warm in the morning... Baba agreed that she might be (normally tells me I'm nuts... I always think she's warm) but I couldn't find the thermometer. She got up just fine though, played, ate like normal... I figured I was imagining it, esp since I didn't notice it later on.

Today she got up and acted normal again... She's been maybe a little more rambunctious than normal (maybe) but not enough to think something is wrong... Ate, drank, played... all that good stuff. Even got herself into a bit of trouble colouring our bathroom blue. - Hey... at least she didn't put make up on herself and Mumble again!

But... she had a really bad diaper this afternoon. It got me to thinking again, but still didn't notice anything else... until tonight... I went to change another diaper and same results... and I noticed she was warm again. This time I found my thermometer and took her temp under her arm.. which by the way she says tickles lol. It got up to 101.3 before the battery died.

Not happy. I feel so bad for her.... It does seem like I got it down though. If she's not better tomorrow we're making a trip in to see her dr.

5 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Aww i hope you are able to get her well soon. It might actually be beneficial to let the fever run its course unless its over 103. I know that's what Dr. Mercola recommends on his site to get over a viral illness faster.

Mama Kalila said...

:-) Thanks.. and I know. I actually dont like giving meds for just about any reason lol... but since I can't be entirely sure its not over 103 (I doubt it, but it was still going up when the battery died) I decided to play it safe. I need to find her thermometer before tomorrow, and not planning any more doses.

Lelo and Stitch said...

I hope she feels better. Pay attention to the fever in the evening. I am sure you have nothing to worry about but when I got sick recently my fever would drop in the morning and then go back up at night... so just make sure if it is down this morning check tonight as well ok? LOVE YOU! and don't worry she'll get better. Keep yourself healthy as well.

babyyahyah said...

hope she feels better soon. kids are always like that... they can be sick but seem fine then sick then fine...

Mama Kalila said...

Abby - Well from what I've read the body tends to go raise temp later in the day naturally... that happens with or w/out a fever, so yes you would notice it more when you had one. A couple days ago Kalila woke up with one though... it seemed to have gone away fairly quickly though. I noticed it again last night. Her fever was down by the time we went to bed ourselves, but when she joined us in our room it was back and she had it throughout the night. Its gone again now... but keeping an eye on things still.

Babyyahyah - Thanks...