Pages

14 November, 2009

Outrunning Bees

We've had a pretty big day here... Not going to get into most of it, but lets just say that Kalila got in a lot of trouble this morning. Is basically grounded (as much as a 2 year old can be, ie no sweets or cartoons) for the next little while... That's not really the reason I'm posting though.

Since all that happened Kalila has been in a pretty good mood. She woke up from her nap wanting a banana (is one of her snack times so nothing new)... but all we have is apples. She's been eating a ton of those lately, so I figured lets get out a few minutes and get her one. So I start counting up change to get ready and go... anytime we make one of these trips its a lot of fun cause she likes to count the money with me. So here we are counting quarters, get to $2 and Kalila asks if we're gonna have $100. I love her optimism lol.

So we get everything ready & head over there...

I grumble as always on the way becuase it annoys me to no end that there is no sidewalk for a ways & I have the "choice" of pushing her stroller on the street or through overgrown grass that the apartments are very proud of themselves about. Luckily its easy to see if the first option is safe enough, but wrong time of day for that... So I was stuck with the grass & her stroller just doesn't work in it. Hard enough when not pregnant, this was just rediculous... it took over twice as long to walk that part as it should have.

We get to the store, get out... On our way back things go good... I managed to get the street on the last leg and we passed that stretch by in seconds (literally, it was fun... Kalila was yelling something about Baby Jaguar running too). And then we get to our gate...

Now... We used to have this little code that could be typed in if your card was missing/didn't work. It was great... But the new management got rid of it. You either use the card (which I don't have one... Jas does and possibly my FIL, he's supposed to have it anyway lol) or call the house you are going to and have them hit a code from the house phone. Obviously that's not an option either... No worries normally because there's a walk in gate...

Only as I walked up to the walk in part I got swarmed by bees. I'm allergic to bees. Not deathly so, is mild... but I've never been stung by more than one & there were a ton there. Besides its still not a pleasant reaction. And... I don't keep cigarettes around either, so nothing to do for it if I was stung. Ok, so I could go pester my neighbors lol, but no clue if any of them are home.

So still pushing the stroller/Kalila I make a run for it to the main gate... manage to outrun the damn things (I think they were preoccupied, but one did go after us) and saw one of the ladies from the office on the golf court. Yell out for help, hoping she could do something... At least let me punch in a code to the office so they could let me in - you'd think they could do that right? No... She tried to get me to go back to the walk in. I explain what happened, starting to freak out because I was trapped out there... and she said the only other way was to walk all the way around to the other side and try it... Note: this back on the street of no sidewalks. I have never walked that far down it and not planning to with Kalila. Starting to hyperventelate at that point... and then a car comes up and opens the gate to come in and we ran for it...

And got home just in time to catch Baba's phone call... and now Kalila is upset because she wants to talk to him again lol.

1 comments:

Cook'n said...

love your page! i have been menu planning and it has been making my life so much easier!