Pages

12 November, 2009

Happy Bday Baba!

That's right... Yesterday was Baba's Bday. Unfortunately he had some errands to run, but it ended up working out great because he met Gido for lunch and took Kalila along too. I was able to get most of what I needed to do around here, including finishing touches on his cake!

As you can see, I need more practice with detailing... but I'm still really proud of that cake. I'd never made chocolate buttercream icing before and it turned out wonderfully... Very easy, almost the exact same recipe as the regular buttercream, and not any harder. Tastes great. The football pan is very easy to use... First time ever I've had a cake completely not stick lol.

By the time they got back I was exhausted lol... and missing them both. I called as they were pulling up and got to talk to Kalila on the phone. It was sooooo cute! And when they came in she took one look at the cake & knew it was a cake lol. Baba was pretty happy with it too :-D
Gran came over just as I was cooking that Goat Casserole... and didn't stay very long, so no pictures of that... But I got plenty later on after the others got here. I did not get any of the guys playing video games (bad mama), but of course had to get some of Kalila running around being cute & of Baba cutting his cake. It was a lot of fun... and I'll leave you with those pics :-D

2 comments:

babyyahyah said...

looks like a yummy cake

Mama Kalila said...

:-) It was... was also a lot of fun to make.