Pages

30 November, 2009

Ewwww... Blood...

Earlier this evening I realized that I really needed to change Kalila's diaper. Very stinky. So I got up to get everything ready & she took off running like she's been known to do lately. I knew she'd gone in the kitchen and told her to come back, but not too worried about it because I was about to grab her anyway.

Well as I was headed to get wipes I hear a cry. You know the cry I'm talking about too (well if you have kids you do... and possibly if you don't)... The I'm not getting my way, I'm mad, fake cry. Didn't sound like she was hurt, in pain or scared... Nothing like that. Still... she was in the kitchen, and barely out of sight from where I was so I walked over.

Mostly I remember thinking I was gonna have to separate her and a cat... because their dishes are in there and she gets like that when they don't want to play or they get in a fight. But I didn't see any cats... and nothing looked wrong. She looked upset or mad, but beyond that... No reason to worry right? So I told her to get out of the kitchen again and went to get the wipes...

She didn't follow me (not surprised) but I had to wet them in there anyway so I wasn't worried about that either. I'd just grab her on the way...

But when I walked in I saw her standing in a pool of blood.

That's about when everything went fuzzy... I remember her telling me her foot hurt (and it was obvious that's where it was coming from too) and seeing the piece of glass on the floor & throwing it away. I still have no idea where it came from... I picked her up & rushed her to the bathroom, turned on the water & got it washed... Kalila kept telling me her toe hurt... Grabbed a towel, picked her up & got it stopped pretty quickly... Finally got a good look at it & it wasn't a very big cut. Was on her foot, right close to two of her toes (in the middle) By then I was freaking out though... Kalila kept telling me it was ok lol. Not even joking she was rubbing my face, patting me & everything. I kinda feel bad about that, I'm supposed to be telling her that right? Got ointment & band aid put on it too of course and she's very excited about the band aid...

Back in here to nurse a bit (not about to fight that) and then change that diaper. I wanted to wash her foot again a little better (and give her a bath in general) but diaper was bad... Def needed to come first. Got that done, back in bathroom & she saw the blood & freaked out...

Not like screaming and crying, but she kept saying "Ewwwwww... Blood" over and over... Which didn't help me any because this is the first time she's been hurt like that & I wasn't doing too good with it either.

Have to add though... this blood thing has been going on for about a week. I turned on the tv while she was playing one day & was half watching Bones (I love that show)... I don't even remember how it came up, but they were looking at some dog bones or a guy killed by a dog (both were in the episode) or something.. was a crime scene shot anyway, and Kalila walked into the room... Now how she knew there was blood I still don't know. Maybe they mentioned it, but I didn't hear it... But ever since then she's been obsessed with talking about blood and how its gross.

And yes def being more careful about what's on tv while she's up. When its on its usually cartoons though... or House lol. Come to think of it, she might have gotten it from there and decided it was gross after the other.

Anyways, I wasn't too surprised by her reaction... but by the intensity of it if that makes any sense.

Once the blood was gone & I managed to wash her off again (was not in her plans for the night.. she did not want that bath) it was pretty easy to get her bandaged again and ready for bed. She told me a few times again that her foot hurts, but she was smiling about it... and she told me when she was ready for bed too. Did pretty good.

Still scared me pretty badly though.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh wow! I totally would have lost it seeing one of mine in a pool of blood. Alex busted the back of his head once and it was bleeding pretty heavy. He was telling me "I ok momma" and rubbing my cheeks too lol. So glad it wasn't anything serious for her. I couldn't help but think she climbed up and got a knife or something.

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah, I about lost it... Knives didn't ever enter my mind honestly... She knows better for one. And I was automatically scanning the area to find out what happened.