Pages

30 October, 2009

Entirely Too Relieved

I have several blog posts I keep meaning to write... blog awards I've been given and at least one or two memes I've been tagged in... Plus some pics and video's I've taken lately... but honestly I haven't had the energy to post... I'll get to it when I can... soon I promise.

But right now I have something even better to post! I got my test results in...

The first set (that I actually got the other day) said everything looked good except that I'm borderline anemic. She recommended a liquid supplement... that I've already started taking. I'll admit that it works very well, but unfortunately it tastes horrid. At least it doesn't have the same side effects other iron supplements do lol.

The second set I got tonight... and are the reason I'm so relieved. I do not have antibodies to the Rh protein. The last time we talked I got info on what would happen if I did, and it wasn't as bad as I thought lol... I'd have to have extra blood tests and meet with the supporting dr in case the baby needed a transfusion... not good, but wouldn't put me too high risk to be there & knowing details (instead of guessing the worst) is always good... But moot point now... Rhogam at 28 weeks again, and then after birth if the baby is Rh positive... I have to admit part of me hopes Jas has a recessive neg gene and this baby will pop out negative too lol.

3 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

I ate a lot of Somali food with goat meat during my pregnancy and my hemoglobin was over 14 until the very end. Maybe you should pick up some Goat.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! Actually goat is one of the few things I've been able to stomach. I made a casserole last week that turned out great lol.

babyyahyah said...

that sounds like good news. i am anemic too