Pages

08 September, 2009

You've Got To Be Kidding Me...

I got online earlier to see a new post by Nursing Birth... Shocked, disgusted and somewhat speechless I headed over to another blog she linked to and kept reading... I'll admit there were moments that made me laugh like NB's allcaps rant at the end of hers, and a couple comments on Stand and Deliver (particularly one by anonymous that starts with a little profanity & just gets better from there).

I really encourage you to read those posts... I want to say something about this, but I still have no words. This is sick. Its wrong... Why would anyone let them do this? One more piece of respect lost here...

4 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

That's disgusting! I am so glad that I only had a midwife and was basically left alone during my entire labor. I finally gave birth to Layla in the water tub with no assistance, just the way I would have liked. I don't like to be watched, touched, or probed while I'm on the toilet, and giving birth was just as private to me. This is just going to further increase the already insane c-section rates.

Mama Kalila said...

I know... I was lucky in some ways w/ Kalila. I had way more unnecissary interventions than I ever wanted (and more than I obviously needed lol) but in the end it worked out, she was healthy & I didn't get sectioned because of them. I still get mad when I think about some of the things that happened, but I learned from it and can still keep those things in mind.

It really reinforced my wanting to use a midwife though... and reading things like this reinforces it even more.

Susie of Arabia said...

It's unbelievable that they tout this invention as non-invasive! Who would want to use something like this? Mothers brings babies into the world to love, not to torture! Geez!!!

sabiwabi said...

Medieval, at best.

disgusting........