Pages

11 August, 2009

What a Night

I guess I'm gonna start w/ the happy news lol.

Our upstairs neighbors moved out yesterday! Baba noticed when he was leaving for work and asked about what was going on... I got a very happy phone call about it. Is such a relief not to have to worry about someone falling through our ceiling. There was a little more stomping and bumps as things got moved, but knowing they would be out made that a lot more bearable.

I may come back to this a little later... debated doing it on here because there is a lot more to this story. But - eh. Probably should be its own post anyway. For now I'll leave it at that their moving is definitely a wonderful thing and we feel much better for it.

Beyond that...

We had a bit of a rough night last night. Kalila did not want to go to sleep at all... Partly my fault because I thought I put her to bed, when she really fell asleep on me (along with me) and woke up to find that she'd crawled off, grabbed a blanket, and curled up on the floor! It was adorable and I wish I'd taken a picture... but at the same time it was awful because when I tried to put her down for real she refused to go to bed. By the time Baba got home she was still awake and got wired. I ended up falling asleep on the couch while she ran around playing with Baba and getting into all sorts of trouble.

On top of that Baba is stressed out and a bit depressed... and decided to vent about it last night. Which I have to say I completely understand... I'm the same way, is something I need to do sometimes. Anyways, is nothing we haven't talked about at length before but reading it late at night was rough... and Kalila caught on to that and said "Mommy is crying? I sorry Mama..." which both made me sad and laugh at the same time. Was so sweet but... still.

Anyways, Baba & I had a nice talk afterwards... I'm still worried about him but I know everything is going to be ok. But... because he posted it on facebook (silly Baba didn't think anyone would read it there ???) quite a few other people are now worried about him too, calling & commenting. Mostly its been nice though. I think he needs to hear it.

But for any of you who did read it (or are wondering in general) - Everything really is ok. He's fine. We're fine. He knows that we all love him. He knows that he has a lot of good things going on right now. I'd say that he knows that everything will be ok too (he should I tell him enough times, and I know everything/am always right... right? lol), but I know he's still struggling with that right now. We're working on that though.

Now to end this on another happy note: I have a video or two of Kalila to share. I got these last night. Was trying to get her to show off for you now that my camera's back... but she was way too excited about the camera in general.

video


video

3 comments:

Chic Mama said...

Glad to hear your neighbors are moving! Obviously I don't know the whole story, but it sounds like a good thing! I hope the overall stress in your home diminishes soon!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I really like the new layout.

Glad to hear things are okay. I have dealt with depression, it's scary. Send my love...

Mama Kalila said...

Chic Mama - Thanks.. I hope so too!

Marni - Thanks... and Thanks lol. I have too, part of why I get what he's going through.