Pages

01 August, 2009

Coming Clean...

I started this post going one direction (much earlier today) and its drifted a bit... but I think its gonna be better. I hope at least lol.

I've mentioned before (multiple times at this point probably) that we had all that work to do this week, pulling stuff out and all that. We got it gone today (whoo hoo) and now we're stuck with the aftermath. Its horrible. Truly it is. However, the proof of that is very very cute.


Baba had to see Kalila in the dress his aunt brought her back from Lebanon (thank you btw!)... So cute!!! I cringed while I took the picture though because I knew how bad the scenery looked lol.

As I just heard Swahili coming from outside my apt.... Confused... and suddenly craving ugali agian (which Baba won't let me put on the menu).

Anyways.. Our goal is to not only get this mess cleaned up, but to completely reorganize the entire apartment... Over the next week. Yeah, I did just say week. Do I think we'll manage it? I really hope so...

I tried to get some done today... Really... Unfortunately someone came around behind me undoing everything. She was in a real mood today.
video

I did get some cute pictures out of it though. & yes that is my mzungu shirt that she's wearing in most of them lol. She decided to play dress up...


Ok, apparently I got a little picture happy lol.

Now... at the same time Org Junkie posted a link about Coming Clean's Operation Organization: The Battle for Order. Basically you focus on one thing a week for 8 weeks (big or small) and post about it on Friday w/ before and after pics and what you plan to focus on the coming week. Obviously not the time period we are talking about, but it did really get my attention. I'm a day late with it (this should have been posted yesterday) but I think I'm going to participate. I figure even if we get everything we want done (lol) I will probably still find something to focus on each remaining week. I will. Anything to get excited about cleaning right? And the chance to win gift cards is always nice! Btw, if interested I did link it above and plan to add the button to one of my sidebars asap.


Since I couldn't post it yesterday... My project for this week is gonna be our bedroom closet. That's right, I'm jumping in the deep end with this one lol. If you don't hear from me for awhile....

I thought about combining a recipe with this, but seriously I think I wrote enough already... So I will post it sometime soon.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Welcome to my blog challenge, Mama Kalila! I'm so glad you chose to join us! It will be great to have accountability and encouragement from other women as we try to take back our homes! ;0) I love organizing but I never make the time to do it right. Hopefully, this will force us all to make time. I think we (and our families will be glad we did! ;0)

Mama Kalila said...

:-j Thanks! I think its a really good idea.

Cindy said...

I did my closet yesterday. I am trying to do one project in my bedroom each day this week. I ended up with 3 bags of clothes for the thrift store between myself and my hubby. Good Luck with Oper. Organization.

Angela said...

I am seriously thinking SOMETHING is in the air. Just about everyone I know is in re-organization mode! I have been working on my house for weeks. I actually schedule an hour each night devoted to doing something. I sold some of our stuff in a yard sale, donated the rest of it. It feels good though getting rid of the clutter. The house is actually presentable for unannounced guests! keep it up, you will feel great!

Mama Kalila said...

Cindy - Thanks! We actually started in on our closet a couple days before I saw this... Mostly just getting clothes we don't want out for that yard sale. I have a real problem getting rid of clothes but managed it just fine this time!

Angela - No kidding! Who knows what's causing it, but is a good thing right? Most of the time it feels like one step fwd two back here... but lately I finally feel like I'm getting stuff done & its great.