Pages

28 July, 2009

African Music Night...

So last night a friend posted this on Facebook

Kalila absolutely loved it and made me watch it over and over and over and over... etc.

So finally I decided enough was enough (lol). It was cute but still.

I put on Jambo Bwana instead. I knew she'd like it because its our special song. I don't really know any lullaby's (at least not well) so I started singing it to her when she was little bitty and upset... and its just stuck. I was right.. She was thrilled and started dancing along.

From there we clicked over to a few other Swahili songs...

And then I saw the words "cha kutumaini" and thought, "wait a second... could it be...?" So I clicked on this...

And yes it was... One of my favourite songs from visiting the coC in Moshi. Not quite the same, but still made me smile. I like it...

But I kept clicking around and found this version. Still has music (which honestly I prefer anyway) but sounds a lot more like we sang.

I'm not posting the other one I found... it was definately interesting. But I don't want to drag this out too much longer and you've already heard the song two diff ways now lol.

Anyways, we spent a good amount of time listening to music on YouTube and dancing around. It was a lot of fun...


3 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

I took the boys I sit for to the zoo and we sat for a picnic lunch where we could hear some music and they played Jambo... the boys and everyone else therefore started to think I was crazy because I was so excited I had to sing along :D

Lelo and Stitch said...

That was one of my favorite songs at the CofC to by the way.

Mama Kalila said...

How fun.. I would prob have done the same lol.

I need to redownload those songs that Jeanette sent me. Was so nice to hear the singing again. I kinda joke about how when we go back to climb Kili (something we want to do eventually) I'm gonna go back and sit outside just to hear them sing lol.