Pages

25 May, 2009

To Laugh or Cry?

I normally don't bring up a lot of poo issues on here. Is not a topic I think yall want to hear about... or that Kalila would probably want me talking about... but yesterday was one of those days that I do just have to mention.

In other words warning, if you're squeamish, prudish, eating, don't like hearing about poo, etc.. you might want to move along...

Backing up... I could tell several stories from this week alone (well, last week at this point)... but I'm going to be nice and not do that. Lets just say that she must have eaten something that disagreed with her, and she's had a bout of diarrhea. Yes, gross... Moving along now.

So yesterday... We got home from eating lunch with Gido and I wasn't feeling so well. Nothing majorly wrong, but I was in pain and not wanting to move from the couch. Kalila needed to be changed and put down for a nap though, so I asked Baba to bring me a diaper while I stripped her bottom half down. Well... apparently he didn't want to move either, so he tried to get Kalila to bring it to him.

Can she do that? Yes. Did she? No...

Part of me was a little worried about her running around this way because of before mentioned other stories that I'm not getting into... but at the same time air is good for little bottoms. I didn't push it. Esp since I felt really crappy...

Well a few minutes later I see her walking up with a wipe... a very dirty wipe. Honestly I figured she got into the diaper pail... Baba thought the same thing. We got onto her, got it away and her hands washed.

But I kept smelling poo...

Seriously it was like a diaper was sitting right under my nose. Was making me a little sick at my stomach...

I sent Baba to look for it... I got Kalila. Checked her bottom - clean. Checked her legs - clean. Baba couldn't find anything... But it still smelled. Baba grabs Kalila and looks agian. Bottom - clean. Legs - clean. Feet - and there it was! So he got her cleaned up again..

We knew we had a mess somewhere... So he goes off to look for it again... and found it this time (I think he was looking in her room the first time is how it got missed). She'd gone over by the living room window.

Now... if that was the end of the story I wouldn't have mentioned it... But its not.

Our daughter, without telling us, tried to clean up her mess! She got wipes and tissue... cleaned her butt and probably her legs (because there's no way that only got on her feet) and tried to clean the floor! There were several dirty wipes sitting on top of it, and some was bunched up in a tissue...

I seriously didn't know whether to be proud or to cry over the mess I had to clean up lol.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Gross. I never let my kids run around naked, because they ALWAYS pee or poop on the floor. But at least she tried to clean it up - my kids never do that!

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah... Understood. It helps heal rashes so we've done it quite a bit. Kalila usually tells us before she poo's though... and if she has an accident she normally goes and brings us to it. This was just odd all the way around. Little miss is getting so independant lol.