Pages

27 May, 2009

Such a Tough Little Thing...

Kalila had her checkup today...

First off she had everyone smiling in the waiting room. Was running around playing and looking at this little 6 month old baby... Shoving magazine's in a little boys face, telling him to read... Climbing on the chairs... Fell off the little bench by the toys, bonked her head... Did her normal get up and rub it and go straight back to what she was doing despite all the adults freaking out over it. When she got called back she told everyone byebye... over and over... We left to the sound of everyone laughing.

She got weighed and everything before she saw the dr, like always. She is now 22 lbs 10 oz... which the dr was very happy with. She said she likes to see a 1/2 lb a month... and this was 1/2 lb more than that. She's also 33 1/2 inches tall... a whole inch taller than at her last visit. Honestly we thought she would be taller than that... she just seems like she's grown so much lol. She's still in the 80th percentile or so on it though. I don't remember the exact head measurement... but it has gone up. Last time she was in the 5th percentile (yes my daughter has a small head lol) and this time it was in the 9th.

Beyond that...

Her checkup went very well. Dr said everything looks good... other than the fact that she's got an ear infection! Yeah... no symptoms at all... No fever or anything.. but she's got a pretty good infection going in one of them. So we're picking up a prescription soon (and I need to pull out the milk too). Beyond that she was happy with everything... Said she was right on schedule w/ everything mentioned above... and ahead on developement. Kalila showed off, told her thankyou and that she did it (lol), climbed on a chair and even "read" a book in front of her...

On our end she asked if we have turned her around in the carseat yet... When we said no she asked about our seat to make sure it meets the requirements for that... It does lol... I made sure of that before we got it. Honestly it made me happy she did that. I'm not really surprised though because she commented that it was better we stay that way at our last visit. One of many things I like about our pedi.

She asked if we were still BF too and how often... laughed about Kalila's opposing the night weaning thing... and agreed when I said we weren't worried about it and would try again in a bit. That was one thing I had worried about, because the little papers the clinic gives out tells you to night wean abruptly at 9 months (when we weren't about to) so is nice to know she's more supportive than that... Honestly I'm ready for the nights to end (lol as Baba told me that he woke me up to feed her last night & I told them no. I did it... but was asleep the whole time! I don't remember it at all), so I'm thinking about trying again soon. We'll see...

Sorry getting off topic here...

We got through with that part and waited for the nurse to come back. I was a little worried when she had me hold Kalila down on the thing to give the shot. I would much rather do it in my lap like we used too... but Kalila whined a little bit (I think at me holding her arms because that's when she started) and that was it. Didn't cry at all. We were all impressed... it was the Dtap... which includes tetnus... and we all know how much that one hurts! Anyways, she picked at her bandaid a little afterwards... looked a little grumpy... and then got over it! My big girl... (or Baba's rather... I think that's where she gets it).

Afterwards we went next door to Subway (yeah.. I know.. but we were all hungry). I mention it only because Kalila did the cutest thing... She pulled her sandwhich (roast beef and swiss w/ veggies on the honey oat bread) apart... and used the tomatoes to make her own tomato sandwhich! Put one down, added onions, black olives, a little meat and cheese and then the other tomato on top... then ate it! So cute... Then she put it all back on the bread and tried to stick the whole thing in her mouth... Then when we left she refused to give up what bread was left, so she carried that out lol.

And now we're home and she's napping... So I need to get to work!

7 comments:

Steph said...

Kalila is officially taller than Kairi!!! Although, much lighter. Your storied about her sound so very cute. :) Love them!

Mama Kalila said...

Aww! How tall is Kairi? I'm not surprised at the weight diff... mostly because of the age diff, but Kalila's on the lower end of the percentiles on it now too. I remember at one point she was in the like 97th... and then she started moving lol. She went up this visit though (from 15th to 17th) and the dr was happy with it. We figure she's just gonna be thin...

And thanks.. I love hearing your stories too. Our kids are at such cute ages lol.

Steph said...

She's 33 inches. So Kalila's not taller by much, but still! lol Kairi's on the very bottom end of height chart (I'm thinking it's less than 3% or so.) And she's in the middle of the weight at 28 lbs. Not sure exactly what b/c her pedi doesn't worry too much unless the growth curve suddenly stops so he never really tells me.

Alex on the otherhand is at the bottom of both. And we figure he'll be thin too. He's just little. Healthy and happy, but cute.

Steph said...

I meant, happy and healthy but small and cute. lol

Mistika said...

is amazing how fast they grow.
i took Gamila last week as well and she is in schedule, is such a great feeling when everythign is looking great!

Christy said...

9th percentile for head circumference? I am not kidding - Izzy's head was in the 95th percentile. He has a big melon head!

Mama Kalila said...

Steph - Yeah, I don't worry about em either. Some babies are just gonna be bigger and some smaller. As long as they're growing, healthy and happy... life is good. Our pedi always tells us and writes it down on the paper she gives out.

Mistika - Yup! Glad Gamila's went well too.

Christy - Ouch! But yeah, 9th is a big change for Kalila... She's been steady at 5th percent since birth. Was funny at first because she was so high on percentages w/ everything else at the time. But noone's worried since its growing at the same rate and there's obviously no developement probs.