Pages

04 May, 2009

MPM 4 May - 10 May



As you may have noticed... I missed last week. The whole having to rework my diet thing has me seriously thrown off. I'm going about it slowly... but still. At a loss here.

We did eat though, and here's some proof lol.


Looks disgusting right? I have no idea why I threw in what I did (mac, two kinds of cheese, cream of mushroom soup, corn, green beans and spices) but as gross as it looked and kinda even sounded... It tasted great. Kalila loved it too.

I'm not sure how I'm going to work in my extra meals on here yet... From what I've seen it's possible to do them like kids snacks instead of making more meals (I used to go down to the caf and basically do just that in college... It worked, but would be horrible now). Anyways, this week I think I'm going to put the snack options at the bottom so I know what they are when we go shopping... and then just choose from them at each extra meal time. We'll see if it works...

Monday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Sandwiches
Dinner - Steak, Salad and Potatoes
*2 Loaves of Wheat Bread need to be baked

Tuesday

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs
Lunch - Chicken and Green Bean Alfredo Pasta (Wheat Pasta)
Dinner - Beans & Rice

Wednesday

Breakfast - Fruit
Lunch - Meatloaf & Green Beans
Dinner - Leftovers

Thursday

Breakfast - Scrambled Egg & Avocado Burrito's
Lunch -
20 to 40 Clove Chicken
Dinner - Leftovers

Friday

Breakfast - Boiled Eggs & Fruit
Lunch - Tanzanian Meat Stew
Dinner - Leftovers

Saturday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Baked Ziti (Wheat)
Dinner - Leftovers

Sunday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Family
Dinner - Zanzibar Pizza

Snacks

Sunbutter sandwich
Oranges
Deviled Eggs
Avocados
Peanut Butter
Crackers
String Cheese
Yogurt
Apples

4 comments:

Jo said...

Hi! noticed your post on MPM and stopped by to give a couple of ideas...

I have blood sugar problems too, and I've found eating raw nuts and bananas for a snack very helpful, plus yoghurt if you're not dairy free... also sweet potatoes instead of English potatoes (baked is best, even for a snack - cut in quarters & chuck in crockpot on high for about 3 to 4 hrs)... avoid corn unless very fresh, on cob... I also drink Endura Opti in rice milk if starting to 'lose it' and it helps. Just don't get too busy to snack (I know it's hard with a baby!!)

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks!

We have plenty of bananas around (baby is addicted) but I just can't bring myself to eat them lol. Unless I have the little ones, I just can't stand em. I hadn't thought of nuts, that's a good idea though.

I'd read white potatoes were bad... and thought to sub red potatoes, but hadn't thought of sweet ones. Do they turn into less sugars than white in the end? I'd have thought the opposite.

It really is hard not to get too busy right now lol. But I've got to keep on top of this...

Christy said...

I love that you are creative enough to just make up a new meal. I am not that brave. I only use recipes, and even then, my meals aren't that great.

Mama Kalila said...

I do a mix of both... I tend to do more recipes, at least lately, but still. I really enjoy making new things so I should prob do it more often again.