Pages

29 May, 2009

Language

I think I've already mentioned Kalila picking up a few new words that we aren't too happy about...

A couple of them I will take credit for... I feel horrid about it, but I know its my fault. I'm trying not to cuss in front of her, I really am. And she's been good about not repeating them again.

One... I only mention because it sounds bad and someone else mentioned it on twitter w/ their kid the other day... but Kalila has the exact same problem saying clock. She leaves out the l and we have the hardest time not laughing. We haven't... instead we reiterate the correct way of saying it... but for some reason she loves the word and says it over and over...

But... today she said something new that once agian I am not happy about... and I have no clue where she learned it!

Kalila called me stupid!

Seriously... She got mad at me... Glared at me, complete with furrowing her brow, pointed her little finger... and said "Stupid!"

My jaw about hit the ground... Now I know she doesn't really know what it means and didn't mean it (at least I hope not lol) but... ouch!

We had the little talk again.. about not saying stupid this time lol. I'm hoping she does as well with this one as she has the other 2.

5 comments:

babyyahyah said...

oops! i know my kids say little things like that too. the boys thought it was funny to teach sofia how to say "stupid".

its so hard anyway these days. those words are everywhere! you can't watch a commercial on tv or listen to the radio or even shop or take a walk without hearing something.

Alicia W. said...

Um, yeah! I'm so guilty of this too.

Mama Kalila said...

Babyyahyah - True... I was talking to a cousin and she pointed out that Kalila may have been watching too much adult tv, which I know is true.

Alicia - :-)

Susie of Arabia said...

My son is 16 and my husband still doesn't allow him to watch movies with obscenities in them - but I know that he has heard all of it before in school - for many years now. The important thing is to stress to her that it's not a nice thing to say and that we don't say that. Kids pick up everything so easily...

Steph said...

I am truly so thankful that we haven't had this problem yet, but that doesn't mean that we won't....

GL in keeping her from saying any more!