Pages

23 April, 2009

Resorting to Bribery

Have to start out by saying that its been an eventful day... and isn't even half over. Kalila has been... Well... Its hard to describe in one word really. A handfull maybe?

The day started off w/ Kalila nursing for about an hour. Not exaggerating there... She was focused. Didn't want to play or anything. The only thing that distracted her was Kimosimi coming up and sniffing her head... Of course she had to play with him and give him kisses.

After she finished, she got down and went for breakfast... which is normal of course, but surprising after the amount of milk she drank. Ate all of her cereal...

And then started screaming for milk again. I got her a sippy of water... which she did drink a few sips of... but she was determined. Growth spurt? She's not sick, so I'm assuming we're going to see one soon.

Now the problem with this... is that I needed to start working on lunch! We turned on Baby Tv and tried to distract her w/ that so I could get started... It worked for a little while. Until she saw the potatoes (note: I ended up skipping the menu yesterday so we did the roasted chicken and chips today).

"Apple!"

Yes... She started screaming apple at this point. Over and over.. I've got the oven on, a peeler in my hand... and a baby running around trying to get my attention. When I wouldn't pick her up she started getting into other things... Like our paper towels.

At this point Baba steps in... and did a great job I have to say. He told her not too, that she'd go in time out.. and when she did he put her in it (the first time I've seen him use time out). Immediately she's screaming for me lol. We're not about to let the other days thing happen agian so we talked about it and made sure he was the one that got her when time out was over... He did and she smiled and said "Baba". Ran up to me all happy...

But a few minutes later she was back to screaming apple and pulling on my legs!

I ask Baba for help... again... And he brings her back here. I hear screaming. Mama and Apple and other things I don't understand... and then quiet.

About 15 to 20 minutes later Baba walks in the room... Very... Well... He had that puppy dog look on his face, like he knew he was in trouble. Then he told me that he gave in... He bribed our daughter... with an oreo.

Now I'll admit, at one point earlier I'd thought about it myself... but didn't want to ruin her lunch among other things. So I really couldn't get too upset... besides he cracked me up when he was admitting it.

It worked... She sat down and ate it very quitely that whole time.. and after she saw me walk in here, got down and ran to me covered in chocolate... very excited. A little too excited lol.

For the record, she didn't ruin her lunch. She ate a ton of chicken and most of her potatoes. Not just that, but she had a piece of oreo still left that she dropped in favour of the chicken! I'm not too surprised though because that chicken was good. Its one thing I know I can make pretty decently and this was my best one yet.

But yeah... Someone has her Baba wrapped around her little finger. We already knew this though...

On a completely different note, but I have to share, brag, whatever...

The other day when I got that book... I got Kalila a new one too. Twinkle Toes. She absolutely loves this thing... Its really cute... Anyways, this morning (somewhere in the midst of all that lol) she asked me to read it again and then got it herself and started flipping through the pages saying "night night" (the last two words of the story) on each one... Then she got to the page w/ the bunny and said "stop stop". Not only a new word... but that page ends in "stop stop stop". She's starting to memorize it! I did that w/ nursery rhymes when I was her age or not much older... but still. So cute...

4 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Kids are the greatest aren't they? Ha!

Lelo and Stitch said...

:-) how funny :-) its okay to bribe every once in a while ;-) but for obvious reasons not all the time ;-)

Christy said...

I bribe my kids with treats all the time!

Mama Kalila said...

Ok I don't feel so bad now! LOL... No I'm not really worried about it. Hit me as funny more than anything. I'd rather use it for good behaviour though... Which reminds me, we still need to get the potty candy!