Pages

06 April, 2009

MPM - 6 April - 12 April


As crazy as this last week was... for the most part the food was pretty good.

We didn't quite make the whole week... the cabbage rolls are moving to this next week (can't not have them!) and a couple other things got moved around and stuff... but we've done better sticking to it than we have in the past... and a ton better than 2 weeks ago lol.

I have to say though. The mac & cheese was horrible.... Definately not trying that recipe again (sorry). Blech. The baby didn't mind though. I did see another that sounds promising though... so I'm not giving up on a healthier mac & cheese!

What I have to brag on though... I finally managed to make my salmon croquettes! If you're wondering why that's such a big deal... When I was a kid we had them every Friday during Lent. I tried to make them once after I moved out, but they fell apart horribly and turned into this nasty mush. Being afraid of that... I decided to bake them this time and they turned out great.


As you can see Kalila loved em enough to almost finish hers off before I could snap a picture lol

So... Lent edition one last time... We've gotta hold off on a groc trip, so I'm trying to use up what we have at home and make things as simple as possible (we've got twice as much, or more, Church as usual so I'm not going to have as much time to get stuff done).

Monday

Breakfast - Baba's Eggs? (hint hint)
Lunch - Menudo (Sunday rolled to leftovers lol)
Dinner - Leftovers

Tuesday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Beef Stroganoff and Spinach
Dinner - Leftovers

Wednesday

Breakfast - French Toast (CB - )
Lunch - Chicken & Dumplings & Green Beans
Dinner - Sandwiches, Crunchy for baby (CB - TM)

Thursday

Breakfast - Breakfast Sandwiches
Lunch - Chicken & Green Bean Afredo Pasta

Dinner - Steak & Potatoes

Friday

Kalila's Breakfast - Toad in a Hole
Lunch - Tuna Helper & Veggie?
Dinner - Beans & Rice

Saturday

Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs & Toast
Lunch - Goat Curry & Rice
Dinner - Leftovers

Easter Sunday

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Family * Baba - Salad, Me - Deviled Eggs
Dinner - Family


5 comments:

Your Frugal Friend, Niki said...

Aw, haven't thought about Toad in a Hole for years!

:)

Christy said...

Porgie's favorite meal is beans and rice. Great source of protien.

Christy said...

In case that last comment doesn't make sense, I was referring to your dinner on Friday:)

Mama Kalila said...

:-D It made perfect sense. And I love them too... We haven't had any in quite awhile and I'm looking forward to making it (and more often at that).

Mama Kalila said...

Niki, sorry didn't see your comment earlier lol. I've never heard it called that before. I'm looking forward to making it though... sounds like something she'd enjoy!