Pages

25 April, 2009

Balancing Act

I don't even know where to start honestly. I was really thrown for a loop today. You know one of those moments when you realize that someone has you pegged completely wrong.

Apparently I've come across as research driven... by the book.

I'll concede that lately I've been writing a lot of posts on things I've been researching myself. A lot of the areas of interest for me just lend towards that.

I'll also admit that there are a few things that I'm pretty strict with.. Like food introductions, keeping certain things Organic, carseat safety and things of that nature. I have my own reasons for those (for instance history of food allergies on both sides)...

Has it been that long since I passed along any info I've gotten from other sources... mothers, etc.? That I've asked for yall's input? I didn't really think so.. but it's possible.

Apparently I come across as having no family support either...

This one just baffles me. Yes, I live quite a ways from most of my family... but I talk to a couple of them almost dayly and the others pretty regularly too. I'm always asking Las for advice w/ Kalila...

And while this isn't quite the same... I do the same w/ my friends. There are several I go to regularly w/ one thing or another.

I just don't get it.

Apparently I'm also a bully...

I'm not getting into this as much, because its still a sore point lol. But I'm flabbergasted that defending my beliefs on a subject would be doing that. Esp when I was being cut down in the process.

Anyways, don't want to get ugly here, so ending that...

I will admit (fully) that I am opinionated. I am. Very much so. I'm also stubborn. I'm sorry if I ever come across badly because of that... I don't mean too.




4 comments:

Steph said...

You and I may not always choose the same methods, or the same parenting style, or even the same things to emphasize in our own home. But I have never doubted nor ever will, that you are making the decisions that work best for your daughter and your family, and that you are an amazing mother.

I know that you get as much information from every source possible and then make the best decision for your and your family. That's the beauty of being a family -- what works for you may not work for me, but we can still bring up healthy well-rounded and amazing children despite our differences of opinions.

You have never come across to me as obsessive, as one that does not listen to and at least consider advice from others, or as a bully. We disagree on some things, but that's part of parenting. And of friendship. Oh, and of life even... ;) Needless to say, I think you're doing great.

Ok, you just inspired a blog post. :) Love you!

Mama Kalila said...

Like I said on facebook... I feel the same way. Even when we do things differently I feel like I learn a lot from you. You bring up points I hadn't thought of, or encourage me to push my boundaries or consider the other side if I'm not comfortable with something. If I end up changing my opinion on the matter that's great and all, but even if I don't I'm glad for the experience. I would never think badly of a parent for doing differently either. Even if its on one of those subjects that I do feel very strongly about lol.

Thanks for the encouragement btw... Its nice to hear, even though I don't doubt what I am doing or have done so far.

I think I worded this better on here than facebook lol.

babyyahyah said...

idk why someone would say that. i know i don't "know" you that well but i have always thought of you as a insightful and intelligent person.

don't wory what other ppl think...

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks. I generally don't... but I did let this one get to me. Despite being family now, obviously he managed to pick up some wrong impressions and I figured since a few others who don't know me read this.. and some who I haven't talked to in years do on facebook... that maybe I should head that off at the pass.