Pages

21 April, 2009

Aye Baba...

I'd give him a hard time... but Baba learned something important today. The importance of backing up the other parent during discipline issues...

So Kalila was colouring... She loves to colour. She also loves to eat said colours. I can't tell you how many times I have dealt with this. She knows not to do it. But she's still little so the first time she does it I tell her no and that if she does it agian... I'm taking them away.

Today was no different. Colouring led to crayon in mouth. Crayon in mouth led to me giving her that talk. A few minutes later she put it back in... and of course I took it away.

Now have I mentioned that Kalila hates losing her colours? Seriously her biggest fits are over that... So when I took the crayon she started screaming. Of course we were in public at the time... So I'm talking to her and dealing with that whole thing.

Which is where Baba comes in...

He picked the crayon back up and starts teaching her about how they are for colouring and not eating. All very well... but I've told her that before. Repeatedly. In fact I'd told her that the first time I told her not to do it. Not just then.. but I also told her that when I took it away after the second time she did it. And then what did he do? He gave it back to her!

Kalila's responce?

She shook her little head and shoulders at me waving that crayon and babbled something ending in "Baba".

So not kidding. Baba's jaw dropped and he said something about how she'd just taunted me... No kidding! Like I hadn't noticed.

We had a good talk about it after we left... He didn't realize that I work w/ her on that everyday. But still... common sense. (love ya honey)

4 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

its funny (well, not funny haha but yea) its funny what it takes some times to make people more aware of what they are doing. I know its not the same thing but I so often have to deal with being undermind at work...especially with substitutes... at least he figured out that she was tanting you and felt bad for it.... :-) at least he learned a lesson right? I know :-) its still frustrating or it was at the time but yea :-)

Lelo and Stitch said...

:-D

Christy said...

Goodness - such a big girl already! Izzy eats crayons too. He also likes to color on the walls. We don't get the crayons out too often around here.

Mama Kalila said...

Oh no! We haven't had that happen yet (the wall part)... I'm just waiting...

We don't get them out often either... I mean to more, but its a huge ordeal. I can't leave her side, so I get nothing done... and when I need to put them away, it doesn't matter if she's stopped playing with them and has been running around doing something else for the past 5 or 10 minutes... the second I put them up she starts screaming "circle" "circle" which for some odd reason means colour.