Pages

12 March, 2009

Two Streamish Blogs Almost In A Row...

Hadn't expected to do another stream style post quite so soon... but I finally remembered what I forgot before and I have a couple other things since... So here we go!

***

I wish I had a picture... I really do. Kalila played Mario Kart the other day! Not even joking. Baba was playing (obviously it was Sunday) and she went up and grabbed the controller like she likes to do when we're playing a video game lol. I look up a few minutes later and the two of them are sitting together playing the game. The next time I look up, Baba had gotten up and Kalila was still sitting there on the couch playing! Mostly running him into a wall of course... but still! Cute... She was actually distracted by that for long enough (ten minutes or so) for me to get a few things done too...

***

If you're wondering about the poll and haven't seen my last post... It's explained in the post below. Since I wrote it yesterday I don't want it to get lost lol.

***

Similar to last subject... I was just asked to write about my trips to Africa. I'm not sure exactly how I will do it... I could break it down in 3 posts (one for each trip) but they could still be pretty long...

I take that back. I know what I'm going to do. I'll put up a general post, explaining the trips... and then go back and do smaller posts w/ some of my favourite stories and a few pictures. I'm not sure when any of them will be... will probably be spread out between everything else even. I'm looking forward to it though! Memories...

***

I have got to start setting my alarm again. Kalila is not waking me up in the mornings anymore. If we're sleeping she will contentedly play in her crib until we go get her... Nice? Yes... But... Seeing as she needs a diaper change and breakfast a little sooner, not so good... I'd meant to be waking up an hour before her anyway, so hopefully this will get me back on track w/ that...

***

So excited... We used to go back and forth between buying halal hotdogs (whichever brand was easiest to get at lol) and Hebrew National ones... but the other day while groc shopping we saw some organic turkey ones... No preservatives, nitrates or anything! And the best part? They were cheaper than the ones we normally buy... and unlike HN's there are 8 in a package so you don't lose a bun lol.

***

I have got to take a break and upload some pictures. Kalila was being just too cute yesterday.

First off... After we got up she ran back into her room and closed the door on us. A few min later we walked in to find this.


Then... at dinner time I had her in the high chair like normal. She ate quite a bit and wanted down. Ok. Then she walked over and tried to grab her plate to take w/ her... not happening, we eat at the table. So I move the plate after she wouldn't go back in the high chair. (hadn't put it up yet.. yes, bad me but ended up being a good thing) Then I see her walk around the table, climb up into a regular chair, pull her plate to her and start eating agian...


Such a big girl!

***

Just found out that a friend had a new baby 3 weeks ago (ok, tech. his wife did lol). A little boy. So excited for them...

Is funny though because I didn't know about them... so tech still just as many in the list (huge list too... watch out I think there's something in the water!) to go as there was before I talked to him!

***

Cute Baba story... It's been raining here.. Like crazy. And last night he was being all sweet and saying something about how nice it was just the two of us here together and the rain in the background... and seconds afterwards he jumped up and added "and rootbeer in the freezer!" Is kinda hard to describe, but was stinking halarious at the time... I couldn't stop laughing...

***

Not so funny rain story... I hate storms. Flat out don't like them. And obviously we had one... and lightning struck fairly close to us last night. Huge flash followed by huge boom. I jumped, screamed, etc... and then we hear silence (other than random car alarms going off). Baby not crying.... Both of us freaked out and went to check on her. Yeah, she slept through it cuddled up w/ Grover!

***

And now I should get off here and get to work... Fun fun...

3 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

You are too funny... OH MEMORIES is right :-) I love to think about our trip to africa. SHe is getting big. and I wanted to say something else but don't remember what :-P

Mama Kalila said...

LOL - don't feel too bad I forget stuff all the time!

Lelo and Stitch said...

Ok so I had to change my vote again... it was bothering me that 1 thing didn't have a vote for it (complex issues from my childhood I think) :-P But it should help you out some more ;-)