Pages

03 March, 2009

Trips to the Park

First off... Mumble is doing a ton better. Apparently they told Baba on Monday that it looks like she'll only need to go in for another couple weeks. Very good news. Poor thing is so sick of going that she's starting to hide on Mondays and Thursdays lol.

Now... the park.

I put off going for the longest time because I thought it would be a horrible walk. I had this idea of the three of us getting in the truck and driving down there... but we just haven't had the time. So last week I finally decided to do it.

Weds I was exhausted from something else... I can't remember what I had going, but I just couldn't stand the thought of walking so far. Thurs we had errands. So Friday... I decided to do it. To make it easier on myself, I packed up some food for her and we left just after Baba went to class... and decided to stay until he got out and could pick us up. A couple hours, not too bad right?

The walk really wasn't so bad at all lol. Seriously I can do it and back no problem... Walked much (much) farther than that before... up until I was 6 months pg actually. Is kinda nice to be walking again too...

Anyways. The park. We had a ton of fun there. Kalila was everywhere. She played w/ a couple little boys in the sandbox for awhile. The interesting thing there was that their dad asked if we use cloth diapers... had noticed the padded butt lol. Apparently they do too! I've never met anyone else in person that does (other that you Steph and haven't seen ya since either of us have had kids). Later on another lady asked too, she did until her washer broke...

But Kalila... played in the sand (tried to eat the sand). Climbed up on the equipment. Threw herself down the biggest slide first! Tried to climb this wall thing that surprised the living daylights out of me... and almost got to the top! She's not so big on the swings, but she did swing a little too. I think my heart was in my throat half the time she was up on all the stuff lol... but she had a blast.

I ended up taking her back yesterday. We walked both ways, and wasn't so bad either... Looks like we're going to be doing this at least once or twice a week. Is good to get out... and she's having fun. Plus it's getting a lot of energy out... I've actually managed to keep the living room a lot cleaner in the past few days because she's not tearing through it quite like she normally does lol.

Beyond that...

Her newest word is purple! :-D

And she's started stretching along w/ the baby gym at home... by herself! It's so cute to watch... I'm gonna have to get a video of it.

She saw her first train (I think) the other day... was so excited and started waving at it like crazy!

We got her a night light the other night and since then she seems to be doing better. Waiting to say for sure though...

I'd better get going now... I need to mop the kitchen floor... slight accident earlier (I got it cleaned up but should mop still). Kalila and I were in the fridge finding dinner... I grabbed the leftovers and the lid came off and food went everywhere, including all down her legs. Was kinda funny actually... She had the oddest look on her face.


3 comments:

Steph said...

I'm so glad that Mumble is doing so much better! That's great!

And going to the park sounds fabulous. I wish there was a park within walking distance here. But maybe tomorrow I'll take the kids to the one by City Hall if it's nice enough. That'd be fun. :)

Christy said...

We live at the park. Seriously - I take the kids to the park almost every day in the summer. Its fun, cheap entertainment. I am a little nervous about having 2 mobile babies this summer, but I am sure it will be fine.

Mama Kalila said...

Steph - Thanks! Have fun tomorrow if yall get to go (or if not lol)

Christy - I may do that this summer too lol. And I'm sure you'll be fine this summer...