Pages

17 March, 2009

St Patricks Day - Take 2

Well... I really can't complain lol. My cakes came out just like I wanted them too. It was actually a littler easier than I expected. I can't wait for Baba to come home and see them!


That's right.. A Guinness Cake lol. If you're interested in the recipe, it's linked here (and actually may be below in the menu post too). I did not use the substitutions mentioned (ie I used regular butter and sour cream). And... it is possibly the easiest cake recipe I have made. Seriously. Fast too... Took almost no time at all!

I did not use the icing recipe mentioned though... I did a basic butter cream icing. The wilson one that I've made before (linked here) only I added a little bit of Guinness at the end for some colour!



4 comments:

Christy said...

You are so domestic. I never make anything.

sabiwabi said...

I can't tell if that picture is making me hungry or thirsty....

Those mugs you have certainly do conjure up some great memories for me though. ;)

Mama Kalila said...

Christy - I don't know how domestic I am... I just enjoy cooking. One of my cousins makes the best cakes and has gotten me excited about making stuff like this. I know I won't get to her level, but it is fun!

Sabiwabi - LOL. I got the mugs at Spencers oddly enough. I'd intended to make these for Jas' bday and didn't have time... so just gave him the glasses alone.

Lelo and Stitch said...

So creative :-P