Pages

23 March, 2009

MPM - 23 March - 29 March


Since last week was... well last week... and I definately did something different/new I figured I probably should mention how it went lol. We did end up cutting out some meals due to leftovers... and I look forward to making them as soon as possible (three are actually on my menu this week). For the most part... the food was good! Two things have been added to our list. Corn Beef and Cabbage was one. It was so easy to make... and turned out great. The other, oddly enough, was the Bubble & Squeak. The soup on Friday has potential, but I think I used the wrong beer and we just didn't like it. Kalila did... but I think part of that was just that she liked picking out the bell peppers lol. Oh, and those Irish pancakes ended up being the second recipe on the link, the thin ones, due to not having buttermilk. They were really good and easy to make too.

Anyways... here's our new menu!

Lent edition...

Monday
Breakfast - Cereal,
Lunch - Fried Eggs and Turkey Bacon

Dinner - Baba's cooking! Steak, Salad & Potatoes
Tuesday
Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs w/ Bell Peppers
Lunch - Sandwiches

Dinner - Chicken Shwarma & Arabic Bread (? If I have time lol)
Wednesday
Breakfast - Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch - Meatloaf & Corn
Dinner - Leftovers
Thursday
Breakfast - French Toast
Lunch - Spaghetti w/ Garlic Bread & Green Beans

Dinner - Cream Cheese Chicken w/ Rice & Veggie?
Friday
Breakfast - Apple Muffins
Lunch - Salmon Croquettes
Dinner - Colcannon & Fish Pie

Saturday
Breakfast - Egg & Cheese Biscuits
Lunch - Frito Pie
Dinner - Leftovers
Sunday
Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Family
Dinner - Dublin Coddle

3 comments:

Christy said...

I think I need to start planning a menu. We seem to get stuck in ruts, where we are always eating the same things. Maybe thinking about it ahead of time would solve this problem.

Mama Kalila said...

That used to happen to us too.. plus we'd find ourselves eating out way too often. This helps me a ton. There are some meals that we end up overdoing lol.. just because we love em. But I try to avoid that... and lately I've been finding more and more to add to our "list" (meals we just love) to keep that from happening

Marni's Organized Mess said...

I need to start this...