Pages

20 March, 2009

Does This Apply?

I keep putting this in the cleaning category in my head but I'm not really sure if it applies lol.

Not too long ago I was being good and cleaning our our litter box. Kitty poo is not supposed to be thrown out because it can make people very very sick... So it needs to be flushed. I've never had a problem with it before, but for some reason it clogged our toilet pretty badly. To the point of I broke our plunger working on it!

So I searched online and found this little idea. Dawn. Yes... The dishsoap. You squirt some in the toilet and then add hot water.

The first time I did it nothing happened. Same issue as before. But Baba came home soon after and it was late, so I added it again and decided to let it sit overnight. And you know what? By the next morning the toilet was working perfectly again! No expensive decloggers or plumbers needed...

4 comments:

Christy said...

That is crazy. I never would have thought that Dawn would be powerful enough to unclog a toilet.

Mama Kalila said...

I wouldn't have either. It sounds crazy... but it works!

Steph said...

Hmmm.... I'll have to remember that. Although, my landlord has in the lease that we're not allowed to flush cat poop. So we bag it separately and trash it that way. I don't see another choice.

Mama Kalila said...

Hmm.. .Will have to look into what options are then... because its' actually illegal (at least in most places) to throw away. Not that anyone pays attention to it really (I didn't even know until recently). There's gotta be a middle ground...