Pages

29 March, 2009

Birthing From Within

I was going to start here because it was the one mentioned at the Birthing Center... but apparently they no longer have classes for it there! I'm not really upset by this, as the two they now have are the ones I'm more interested in. However, this one does look interesting so going to still do this.

One thing I really like is that they have a great website about it, located here. There is all sorts of info... so I really recommend checking it out. I have to say, I just love the cake they have lol. (Completely off topic, but it is cute!)

From what I understand, and have gotten off the internet, they see birth as a journey and a rite of passage. They don't set on any set way of doing things, but prepare you for whatever happens. There's a lot of emphasis on self expression, support, and individualizing to specific parents needs.

All of which does sound good to me, so I'm not really sure why this one is not really speaking to me lol. Moot point now though.


2 comments:

Christy said...

Interesting. I had a c-section with Porgie and Izzy (Porgie's was an emergency, but Izzy's was scheduled). I might try for a more natural birth if we have another baby.

Mama Kalila said...

I had a (mostly) natural birth... but w/ no classes or anything lol. In a way it was good because the only ones the hospital would do are Lamaze and I've since learned that I would not have been happy with that. On the other hand I was not prepared...