Pages

20 February, 2009

She's Breaking My Heart

So our dryer went off... woke Kalila up and scared her pretty badly. She's crying now... I went in to check on her and told her to come to me... and she laid there and said no... I rubbed her back, told her goodnight and walked out here.. but she's still crying. Poor baby... Sounds like she's falling back asleep though.

No she isn't... I went back in and she still won't let me pick her... Screaming no and mine... and won't come near me. I finally walked out again and now she's calling for Baba and he's still at work...

Went in again... Grabbed her before she could run away. She screamed for me to put her down... and ran back to her crib and acted like she was going to climb in. I put her back and more screaming. Picked her up again... Over and over... Tried putting her on the floor, she flung every toy I tried... Tried to push me over... Finally I thought to pull up a pic of Baba on here (the Valentines Post) and she calmed down enough to nurse. I hope I can get her back down, but at least she's calm again.

5 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

That is soo sad. I wonder if there is some coralation.... has she heard the sound before and you have been the only one home? If so the sound could be associated with you and that could explain why she didn't want you... just a random wondering.... :-D

Mama Kalila said...

Honestly I don't know... the laundry is always going... The thing usually goes off at least once a day if not more lol.. and has done so at night too. The door was open this time so it was a bit louder (reason why I know it was what woke her).

She woke again after Baba came home and was happy to see him. He passed her off so I could feed her and then she went back to him after a bit. They hung out awhile after I went to bed and then apparently she told him him mama emphatically and he took her back to me lol.

This morning she's happy as can be... but got mad when I hugged Baba and told me "mine!" lol

Susie of Arabia said...

Sounds like she's really becoming a daddy's girl! It's so hard when they push you away, but it happens. I'm sure it was just a funky mood she was in!

Lelo and Stitch said...

I was just curious.... not that there was an intentional association... but just a random wondering if perhaps on some subconcious level of your little one she blamed you at that moment :-P lol... anyway, I am glad she is doing ok now.

Mama Kalila said...

Abby - LOL - I didn't take it wrong.. It very well could have been that, I just don't know.

Susie - She really is... and I love it even though there's moments it hurts (like last night). Normally it isn't so bad though...