Pages

03 February, 2009

The Day We Forgot Mumble

That's right... and I still feel horrible about it. Let me back up though...

Baba got home from school around 12:30 or so to find Kalila still awake. For some reason she did not want to go down yesterday... He had errands to run though and since she was up figured we'd all just go.

First we had to pack Mumble up and take her to the vet... Thankfully that went pretty smoothly...

Next on to get the tires fixed. We figured since we were both hungry and I hadn't been able to get lunch ready beforehand (my own fault, weekly menu wasn't planned until 5 minutes ago lol) we'd just drop the truck off and walk over to get some food. Good thing considering the tires weren't in yet and we had awhile to wait.

Right when we got there we realized that Kalila was very wet... and while we had diapers, we did not have an extra set of clothes... and her pants were a little wet. Thankfully there was a "nearly new" store right next to the restraunt... So we ran in there and found an adorable set of overalls.

We ended up going to eat Mexican food... and I finally got the menudo that I've been craving for weeks! (and thankfully no I did not have a repeat of the infamous pig foot incident) I let Kalila get her first taste of it too... I'm not really sure what she thought though lol... She didn't want any part of the soup, but ate the rest. Then towards the end I tried to give her some more and she picked up the hominy, threw it on another plate and said 'no'. Anyways, not sure if it was a I don't think I like it thing, or just that she wanted her beans and rice (which she ate a ton of btw).

Well... obviously we finished eating at some point... and Baba needed a haircut... one of the errands we really needed to do. So we headed across the street to do that. I hadn't really decided if I wanted to get mine cut too... Part of me wants to grow it out agian, and part was itching to do something different again lol. So I went ahead and got a haircut too... I'm still getting used to it, but Baba likes it lol. Kalila had fun while we were there too... They had a little bench for kids and a toy thing. She loved it.

From there we decided to go next door to HEB to waste some time... Really that's all we did. There was nothing we needed.

Then we headed back to check on the truck... just as it was being finished! Note this was about 3 hours later lol.

But we weren't done yet... We had to run to my FIL's house to pick up his computer (needs fixing). My BIL was home so we ended up staying awhile...

Finally we made it out and headed to Wal-Mart for a couple of things we needed there... We've been trying to go for weeks now and just haven't been able to. Unfortunately I did not have our list so I'm sure we forgot something...

We got back to the truck about 6. I remember thinking that it was dinner time and that I'd have to rush to make dinner. Kalila was already hungry and letting us know so Baba suggested I nurse her before we go. So we're sitting in the truck... she's just starting to fall asleep on me (remember she didn't nap) and the phone rings.

That's right. We forgot Mumble!!!! The vet closes at 7 and it was already 6:45 or so... So we rushed to put Kalila in the carseat and took off. We got to the vet's at 7:10 (literally) and got Mumble. I felt so bad about it... We both did.

I don't remember what time we got home.. I was exhausted and still had stuff to do. Kalila was out, so we just laid her down in the crib and let her sleep. I got stuff washed and dinner made while Baba took a couple tests he had... and then woke up the baby for dinner. I felt so bad about that lol, but she really needed it. She did pretty good considering. I was afraid she'd be hard to get back to sleep but she really wasn't.

So yeah, that was my crazy day yesterday lol.

3 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

wow sounds like a CRAZY DAY!

Christy said...

It was an action packed day. Now if you forgot Kalila somewhere, then you would have a reason to feel bad.

Mama Kalila said...

Abby - yeah no kidding. I'm glad it's over lol

Christy - Yeah... That would be beyond feeling bad if I did that. I know it happens (I remember getting forgotten lol) but still...