Pages

08 January, 2009

Eh

I could put pics up... but I don't feel like messing with it just yet. I have too much to do and don't want to waste the time (it takes forever to get them to load on here lately).

But I do have good news.

Mumble is apparently doing very well... She did so well after the first days treatment (after the cutting and then the wet wrap) that they were able to switch gears and use an enzyme instead of the wet wrap... which means a much smaller bandage. So the day before yesterday she didn't look quite as goofey and yesterdays was even smaller.

They told us yesterday that it looked like she's even to the point that today they'd put on a 2 or 3 day bandage instead of needing it changed daily. Which is great...

She doesn't go in today until 2 (just because of Baba's work schedule), but we just got a sign that she's doing even better. She's started kicking the leg and growling, which the vet said (I called) that it's prob starting to hurt and showing that they're hitting live tissue now. A good thing...

I'm so relieved that she is doing so well.

In other news... the exterminator came. Twice. The first one was really nice, said we needed to move furniture before he could spray and to schedule it for the next day. Also said the cats would have to leave and so would we for a couple hours afterwards (and while spraying obviously). The next day (yesterday) a diff guy came and was awful. He argued that we didn't need to leave, even after I said I had a baby. I finally just flat out told him that I'm not chancing it. He wouldn't let us completley leave though because he had no key (the apt does) and though he said we could wait outside, he started spraying my room while we were still getting Kalila's jacket!!! He took all of five minutes to do the place and left. We did too and actually met Baba when he got off work before coming home.

OH... and the night before I found the damned spider!!!!! I was moving Kalila's dresser (yup it was in her room!!!) and it was back there. Scared me half to death... Yes.. it died.

Anyways, things are good w/ that now. No more spiders. And I'm using the moving furniture thing to help me clean... I'd planned on taking the week and getting everything major done anyway, and this pushed it into overdrive lol. I don't have much left, but... do have work to do. So I should go get to it shouldn't I?

4 comments:

Christy said...

I am so glad to hear that your cat is doing better. And thank goodness you killed that damn spider!

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks. I've been so worried...

It was kinda funny when we killed it, I was on the phone (everyone seemed to call that day) and I screamed and made Baba come help me find it after it moved (he's colourblind and can see movement better... our carpets tan so I needed that). He hates bugs so he was grumbling the whole time lol. My poor friend was stuck w/ all that going on in her ear.

Lelo and Stitch said...

I am so glad that mumble is doing better and that the spider is now GONE!

Steph said...

Thank God the spider is gone! That would have terrified me living there! And I'm so glad that Mumble is beginning to get better! I hope that her recovery is very quick as pain free as possible.