Pages

17 January, 2009

Classes/Technique (poll to the side)

With Kalila I didn't go to any classes... It wasn't intentional lol... I just couldn't get in. Well, I could have mid October... but I figured since she was due in Sept it wasn't worth it! In a way it hurt me (ill prepared) and in another I'm glad because they only offered Lamaze and everything I've heard/read since then tells me that I would not have liked that.

After talking to a few people, and reading what is taught at the BC (Birthing from within), I've started looking into the different styles and everything. It's pretty interesting.

So... what kind(s) did you use? Like/dislike? Anything?

3 comments:

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Steph said...

With Kairi I never had the chance to take a class. And I kept meaning to sign up for something, anything really, for Alex, but never found a class close to me when I could afford it. So ... none for me. Although, I think I would have liked to have taken both Lamaze and Bradley classes.

January 17, 2009 5:19 PM

Mama Kalila said...

Yeah, I don't think I could have afforded the class either... it was pretty expensive. The one at the BC is too if I remember right (one reason I'm really researching what I want to do beforehand) but even if it's not I'm not sure if it's what I want to go w/ anyway. The more I read about hypnobirthing the more interested I'm getting in that. (honestly I thought it sounded goofey at first before I actually learned what it is)

January 17, 2009 9:13 PM

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Jaspenelle Stewart said...

I took Bradley Classes and LOVED them. My husband did too (since you have to take them with your significant other/someone who will be there during your labor) and they made him feel totally prepared for my natural birth.

January 18, 2009 5:09 PM