Pages

28 December, 2008

What a Christmas!!!

Yup... I FINALLY HAVE THE COMP BACK!!!!


I'll apologize first for not having pictures ready for ya, but it's gonna be awhile before I get them ready to go. Hopefully in the next few days...

It's been a crazy past few weeks have been absolutely crazy... well longer than that really. I just looked back at my earlier posts to see where I'd left off on all that and realized that I skipped over a whole lot of stuff that's happened lately.

I don't even remember (this is how bad this is lol) when it started. But right around the same time as the whole job fiasco our xbox broke, not a huge deal... we mostly just watch dvd's on it and I do have a crappy little dvd player we can use in it's place. Just annoying really... but it happened. Plus our other computer broke... well, Kalila pushed a button and it stopped working lol. Thankfully a friend of Baba's is willing to fix it for us, so that helped... he's still working on it, but that's fine. Then our truck broke. Well, not really... Baba took it in to get inspected and we found out that it badly needed help (exact words were somewhere along the lines of it could have exploded on us). Scary, yes. So that had to be fixed... That was all before we went to West TX. Like I said, not really sure when before, but before...

Then we got back and all got sick. Cold type sick though... wasn't too bad. Only poor Kimosimi had it too! After a few days we were getting better, although Kimosimi was dragging it out a little longer. And this computer started acting up more and more. Finally we had to put it in the shop.

Now week of Christmas here:

Jason got hired at a new job last Saturday (two ago now I suppose) and everyone was happy. Some friends took us out to eat to celebrate. We had Lebanese food and stuffed ourselves like normal. We couldn't believe how much Kalila ate though... She just kept going. Even when she got out of the high chair (was begging to get out) she started going at mine and Baba's plates! A couple hours later (LOL) we left and came home, went to bed... all was good..

Until around 5 Sunday morning Baba woke up to Kalila crying. He brought her to me, like normal, to nurse. She wouldn't. She kept acting like she wanted too but wouldn't. Then we noticed she had gas and her stomach was tight so we decided to give her some Mylicon to help... She stopped crying, acted like she was going to latch on... and then threw up all over me! (so gross.....) Afterwards she acted like she felt a ton better, was happy, smiling, nursed quite a bit... just better. We finally decided to put her back to bed and found that she'd thrown up earlier too (prob when she woke us up). So we cleaned up and got her back to bed for a couple hours.

Sunday she really did seem better. No problems at all. We figured she'd eaten too much, but kept in the back of our heads that it may have been the stupid cucumbers hiding in the tabouli (Baba's allergic) Kimosimi was finally better too, but Mumble was starting to come down with it.
At the same time Baba was sick too... but at least we knew for sure his was from those pesky cucumbers!

Monday morning we wake up and start getting ready for the day... I got in the shower while Baba changed a diaper... and found diarrhea. Def not from overeating, so either
sick or cucumbers...We talked about when to go to the dr, but she still had no fever was acting fine so we decided to watch her close and see what happened. Next diaper was the same, but after that she had two completely normal wet diapers. Was eating fine too obviously... but then she threw up agian and when I went to clean her up found a really gross diaper that I will refrain from explaining further. So we decided to go to the dr. Unfortunately it was after 5 and they were closed. We needed to wait until the next day to go...

Tuesday her diapers were back to normal and no vomiting either... so looked into it and found out we didn't need to take her in just yet. With no insurance at the moment... that helps. She's got a well visit coming up anyway, so we're gonna talk to the dr about getting an allergy test then... its' past time to discuss that. Anways, if it was a virus, it passed... She's completely well now, not sick at all. But... we noticed Mumble was not just getting worse, but limping now. Oh and Baba had training for his new job.

Wednesday - Christmas eve. Baba took Kalila to see Gran that morning. She ended up staying there for quite awhile, which ended up being a good thing for more than one reason. First off... although I'm not exactly sure since Kalila may have just had a virus, I think I ate something that sat out too long... because I started feeling sick. Thanfully not as badly as they did, but still did not feel good at all. Plus... we took Mumble to the vet... it seems that she got into a fight w/ Kimosimi and he bit her leg. Bite absessed. Poor dear had a fever of 103 and was, obviously, very sick. Drugged, drained, cleaned, and shot up w/ antibiotics (plus armed with more to shove down her throat)... and they sent her home. Poor thing, I wish I had a pic of when they brought her out. Her eyes were all wide and her tounge was sticking out. I'd been crying almost all day from worrying about her and couldn't help but laugh.
Of course we seperated her and Kimosimi from each other for a few days...

Then... Baba went to make dinner and the stove broke. Not his fault btw... loud popping sounds that we later found out were caused by something snapping in half in the back. Not good.

We didn't end up going to Midnight Mass, which I'm still a little sad about... but we just weren't up for it.

Unfortunately Christmas day we had her out here and him in the back. We brought out one of the litter boxes, but I think she peed in the baby's room (I can't find out for sure until Baba helps me watch the baby so I can move everything out and clean the floor... I wanted to do both yesterday and the day before so really hoping it happens today!!!!) . I'm not sure if I'm hoping it's that or if I'm hoping the stray outside peed outside the window (the smell got worse when I opened it). Whether she did or not... she did throw up in there (which is why I opened the window when I was cleaning that up and made the smell worse).

Beyond that... For the most part Christmas was great.

I realized that Kalila has her Poppa wrapped around her little finger lol. Which is fine except that it (plus the crazyness of Christmas in general) set us back quite a bit with her sleeping. Thankfully I managed to get her back on track in a few days (although since I mentioned that, tonight will prob be rough lol).

I still wasn't feeling that great early on, but by the end of the day was feeling much better.

It was a lot of fun too, both spending time w/ family and watching Kalila with her gifts. Here at home she kept getting distracted by what was already open and didn't want to open more. Same thing happened at Aunt Janelle's except it was the other kids opening gifts that had her attention lol. She did good at Gran's though. She was so excited pulling tissue out of the bag and even more so when she saw the clothes her uncle gave her.

Speaking of gifts... one upside of having to be on a strict budget this year was that we couldn't over do it (which would have been very easy with her).

We managed to get her a few things, and by shopping around even managed one big one. We found that Elmo's Restraunt for a good price (was still half of what we budgeted lol, but def worth it). I'm so glad we did because it's by far her favourite. She opens and closes the oven and fridge over and over, hits the buttons on the register, moves the skillet over the burner (and will put food in there), pretends to drink from the cup, tries to eat the food lol, walks around with utensils, puts the microphone to her ear (lol) and says hello. She just keeps going back to it. What's funny though, Christmas morning she ran right to it and started to play, but when Elmo talked to her she ran back a couple feet and yelled! Then she ran back and started talking to it.

We decided months ago that our main one for us was going to be Guitar Hero (Baba really wanted it, but now I love it too). Like the restraunt, I shopped around and found it for a decent price so it wasn't too bad. Besides that, I got Baba some golf stuff that I knew he wanted and a classic controller for the wii so he could play Mario Kart. I ended up making that one the gift he had to search for lol. (backing up... last year all i could get him was a downloaded game on there, galaga, so I sent him on a search all over the apartment for clues... decided I had to do that again lol). He did really good... He got me one of those enameled cast iron casserole dishes that he knew I wanted... We've talked about it many many times but they're normally way too expensive. We saw em at Sams for, not just an affordable price but around half of what they normally are too, but I didn't even think about asking for it. Sweet guy went back and picked it up for me... plus a cookbook and chocolate lol. Kalila gave me the Tales of Beedle the Bard, which I've already read now and is really cute and gave Baba a cap.

Anyways, all besides the point lol. We did good... managed to keep to our budget despite the holiday season... Something I hope we can keep doing even when we don't need too.

So Christmas was good... Friday gets here. Mumble's being taken care of. I'm getting better. Baba starts work. I don't really remember anything else honestly. Oh, the blinds fell off the window in Kalila's room!

Yesterday... Computer done finally lol.. but it was late afternoon before Baba got off and brought it home and I had way too much to do to get on. The maintenence guy came, looked at the stove, figured out what happened, and brought us a nice new one! He hasn't refixed the door (oh, somehwere in there our door stopped closing... you know, the front door...) or gotten our blinds fixed, but at least we can cook!

I went to vacuum and saw it blowing stuff out. So I went to get a bag and Kalila got past me and ate cat food. I got her away from there, made her sit down (she actually listened!!!) and changed the bag... to find it still blowing stuff out. During her nap I opened the hting up to find it was clogged. Emptied out teh hose and redid the floor.

Mumble's doing better... enough to fight taking her meds... so when I tried to give it to her she threw up all over me, Baba, and our couch.. plus the floor... So gross. We recleaned it all... and still I went to bed feeling like the place was more of a mess than it was before I started cleaning that morning.

Thankfully I've gotten quite a bit done today... enough to be caught up to where I was pre cat vomit.

I am so tired lol. Kalila's napping now... and it's been so long since I put her down that I'm slightly confused by this (although I know she was keeping herself awake at first so it may not have been as long as it feels). My plan is to get the dining room and kitchen cleaned today, and finish up on what little laundry I have left.

Ahh.. there she is lol

So yeah... it's been crazy lately. No complaints really, well not many anyway lol. I can't honestly say I'm thrilled that everythings been breaking or sick or whatever. But we're ok... and now that Baba's working again and insurance is coming back life is good. Plus... he got straight A's last semester (found out Christmas day, there's a gift for ya!) so we're really happy about that.

Ok, Chubs doesn't want me on here anymore... so I'm off lol. I'll get those pics up asap.


2 comments:

Susie of Arabia said...

My Goodness! When it rains, it pours! I'm exhausted just reading about everything that has happened lately!!! I'm glad you managed to have a good Xmas in spite of everything else going wrong. The holidays are so fun with a little one around. I'm saving up for an XBox 360 and a Guitar Hero for my son - hopefully by his birthday in a month I'll be able to get it for him.

Lelo and Stitch said...

CRAZINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sorry so much has been happening I hope everything calms down.