Pages

19 October, 2008

Spinach & Cheese Facial Anyone?

We were supposed to have friends over last night & decided to hold off on dinner until we knew for sure. We'd planned for roasted chicken, sauteed mushrooms & Jas' salad... All things we love lol, but also all things that Kalila can eat & likes too. Unfortunately we didn't hear from them & dinner got going too late for her to eat w/ us so I threw together a meal for her.

Of course she loves mac & cheese (who doesn't?) & it's easy to make... & we'd just bought some new pasta (wheel shaped this time lol). So I threw the pasta on & started thinking about veggies. I had some spinach in the fridge, so I decided I'd heat it up for her. But as I started pulling out the milk, butter & cheeses for her pasta I decided that I didn't want to dirty anymore dishes than I had too (esp since we're in the middle of cleaning). I got the milk & butter added... stirred in a couple Kraft slices, sprinkled on some Muenster... then grabbed that thing of spinach & threw it in too! Looked a bit odd, but oh well...

We got Kalila in her high chair & put a good deal of it in front of her... and then I got back to what I was doing. Jas & I were both in eyesight of her, but I guess neither of us really looked up (she does best w/ her eating this way actually... she gets mad if we're right there by her or in her face) - just listened to make sure she was doing ok. Finally we heard some fussing & I looked up or turned around or whatever to find this...

I couldn't stop laughing... I think the best part was her hair all matted & sticking straight up in the air... I thought she was wanting more (she's really started putting the food away lately) so I gave her a bit more... She acted like she didn't want it so I grabbed some & it was actually pretty good. After she saw me do that she grabbed a couple more pieces lol. I guess she didn't want me to have any!


I had no clue how I was going to clean her up... I stood there for a bit trying to work up the nerve to start & finally decided to just strip her dress off at the table & carry her to the bath! Oh you should have seen it... There was spinach floating in the tub... cheese & milk residue... Awful... but funny lol. Thankfully she let me wash her hair... (she's been in a stage lately where it's only ok to wash her hair if she's taking a shower). While I was drying her off I decided we just had to get a couple more shots.. The hair.... (although mine isn't too much better)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Very cute! And this is a great way to get her to eat spinach! You're so smart.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks.. was more like being lazy though.. I didn't want to wash an extra pan! Thankfully it worked out well... I'm definately making that again lol.