Pages

14 October, 2008

Reading Memories...

So tonight I was looking for something to read... I'm tired, but can't sleep. Thought reading would be a good thing right?

Somewhere in the middle of me looking for a book I found an old journal of mine. I used to write in one religiously (as in every day that is lol) & slowly stopped. Obviously this has been my outlet lately. I was curious when I saw it because just awhile ago (as in minutes before I decided to get off here & read) I saw a picture of a friend who's pregnant holding her pg tests. I thought maybe it was the one I had when I first found out about Kalila...

So I opened it up towards the end... and no it was not my last journal, but the one before it. I'm not sure why I saw the second to last entry before the last one (is just odd), but I did... and it was the one I wrote after Jason proposed to me! It made me smile... but I was really in the mood to read the other so I kept looking.

For some reason I can't find that last journal. I'd be more worried I think if I hadn't taken a break from looking for it & thumbed back through that other. Once again I'm not sure how I ended up reading the entry I did (because I wasn't looking for anything, just opened up to it) but I ended up reading the one I wrote after Betsy burned herself. As hard as reading that was... the rest of that story is in the journal right by me finding out I was pregnant... Those two things were all kinds of connected. I don't know why I didn't think of that when I started looking for the journal.

Maybe it's a good thing I can't find it... (so why am I still looking?)

2 comments:

Christy said...

I have never kept journals, so I am absolutely fascinated by my blog archives:)

Mama Kalila said...

I started one in the 3rd grade... Crazy I know. I kinda miss doing it... because I don't feel like I can share everything on here. I want too... (at least I want to share more than I do) but family reading this kinda cuts that out.