Pages

22 October, 2008

Mediocreness...

I had a nice surprise this morning... first off I checked my email and saw I had a comment on one of my older posts... Seemed a bit odd since it was from this last summer, but comments are always nice! Then I looked here on my blog & saw that the latest travel post was up on AllMediocre... and it was about me! So excited. Baba was too when I showed it to him (because he was mentioned lol). I'd link it here, but I'm supposed to be doing something else at the moment, so hurrying this along lol. It's on my blog list over to the side though!

Does anyone else have Baby TV? I didnt (as Kalila starts throwing the diapers all over the living room!!!!) know we had it until I found it by chance yesterday. I was curious, so I put it on... is full of 5 to 15 min shows, no comercials... aimed at little ones. One teaches a word in sign language, one teaches new words in general, one has a red tractor farmer & sheep (Kalila LOVES that one), one is a home baby gym show, etc... a lot of it Kalila ignores like any other tv... but I've noticed if I have it on she'll go up and interact w/ some of the ones she likes. It's really cute! I like the baby gym one too because it involves us parents...and is just fun. It definately does not help my goal of cutting down on tv lol.

We had leftovers for lunch today... I really needed to get rid of some stuff before it went bad, like the spinach. Of course, Kalila had some last week and I'm a little worried about her having too much of it so I didn't want to give her much (but if I'm having something...) so I just put a spoonful with the rest of her food. Wasn't in pasta this time... just the spinach warmed up w/ some butter. She went for it first and demolished the stuff. Thankfully there wasn't the mess this time lol. It kind of surprised me though...

If she hadn't already had so much personality, stubbornness and independence before.... it's tripled lately. She squeals when she's excited (like when she saw a dog the other day); scowls, yells and shakes her finger at us and the cats when she's unhappy about something; and throws a ton more fits... This morning it was over getting down. I had left baking soda on the hallway carpet overnight to vacuum up this morning (I've been in a serious cleaning mood lately...) and couldn't put her down to play until I got it done. She nursed like normal, but instead of cuddleing she wanted down... and when I wouldn't let her all hell broke loose. Thankfully putting her in her highchair (a little sooner than I would have) was an acceptable alternative... but she had to have bananas... I'm glad we had one left! Diaper changes are another struggle. She hates being pinned down for one. I'm so glad we've gone to pocket diapers full time, because they're so much easier. The few times we've had to resort to prefolds I'm about ready to pull my hair out by the end of the change. And food/drinks... she thinks she wants everything she can't have. I can't get the cereal w/ strawberries in it anymore because it causes meltdowns when she can't have any! Dr. Peppers and soda's... we shouldn't drink in the first place I know, but good grief the screaming that happens if she sees me w/ one. And I'm shouldn't even go near the subject of icecream... We made the mistake of giving her some... so now if she sees it she wants it... and if she has some... she throws a fit for more when it's gone!

Baba keeps hinting at me mentioning him and some of his crazy antics more often... and he specifically mentioned one - so here we go! I wish I had a video... really I do... A few months ago or so I was doing something & he randomly broke out in this Zoidberg (from......

Speaking of throwing fits... she wants to put her cookie jar toy on my lap & the laptop... so now she's screaming and hitting things because I wouldn't let her.. I'll brb...

Ok, so I picked her up & she called for baba... told her he was at work and she started saying mimi, which makes no sense because she just took her nap! Then she started saying something that sounded like peepee, so I checked her diaper & she was soaked (despite me just changing her too). So got that fixed and we played a bit.. she walked off and walked into a wall causing a second crying fit. Poor thing bumped her nose though, I'd have cried too! Finally have her calm and distracted w/ a tv dinner (is nursing and watching tv lol not sure how long that will last) so trying this again!

Anyways... he did this impression of Zoidberg from Futurama... not just the voice, but this goofey dance too! It was stinking halarious... I couldn't stop laughing... and I still can't help but laugh when he repeats it, which he randomly does. I can be pissed off or upset and crying... and he'll pull that out and I'll be doubled over laughing all over again. Just one of his many goofy moments that I adore...

Uggh. Now she's got to have the freshly washed diapers. Is pulling them off the couch agian (I'm folding them... or am supposed to be and will be again as soon as I finish this lol). Oh well, I've managed for now to keep the pockets away from her and steer her to the prefolds... isn't a big deal if they get left random places (although I hope they don't).

Halloween is coming... Sooner than I'd like since we are so not ready. We had what we were all going to be figured out. I have no idea if Baba has his ready... Mine is not. Not even close... Kalila... was going to be a pirate. So cute... but one of the aunts gave us a bee costume for her. I finally tried it on her... and am not sure if it's gonna work size wise or not. It mostly fits, but cuts into her shoulders... If we use it I'm gonna have to do a bit of work too... the stinger and wings need touchups unless she wants to be a bee that hit a windshield! I've also got to figure out how to keep the antenna's on her... I got pics when I tried it on her, and managed to keep them on long enough to get one pic... but I had to snap fast and took multiple tries lol. Let me know what ya think... suggestions... anything...

Why can't there be a show like Dora, Diego or Ni Hau Kai-Lan for Arabic? Kalila loves all three of those shows when we actually put them on... and truthfully I like them too, esp the first two w/ the Spanish... but it'd be nice to have an Arabic one. Some other mom's on CafeMom were talking about the subject too and someone mentioned Alam Simsim... an Egyptian version of Seseme Street. But it's completely in Arabic! Yeah, doesn't work either... (although we saw a clip online and she got all excited about it and was dancing along) I don't want Kalila picking it up faster than me (or at least not that much faster)... and don't like the idea of not knowing what's said. Maybe I'd feel diff if Baba was fluent, but he knows about the same amount that I do... She's still young enough that it's not really an issue though. Maybe when she gets a little older there will be something... I hope.

That last sub wasn't as random as I thought it was... I just realized that Baby TV switched to Spanish...

After me worrying about her not attaching to a lovey or anything... We finally have one. Her stuffed Daisy Duck. Or "Day-Ee" as she calls her. She has to have her to sleep... will ask for her by name. It is so cute!

Ok... She asked for mimis again and is still all fussy, so we're going down for another nap over here. She only slept for an hour (maybe even a little less) earlier and has been several hours so I shouldn't be surprised. I hope she doesn't sleep too long though. Unfortunately my camera is in her room so I'll have to put the pics up later tonight... Sorry about that (is sounding vaguely familiar like I'm copying someone.. sorry Steph, not on purpose!)

I'm going to take my unexpected 'free' time to get these diapers folded and finish up the laundry!

3 comments:

Lelo and Stitch said...

Geeze Kris Marie write a book :-) lol. sounsd like it could be a cute costume!

Mama Kalila said...

Was it really that long?

SORRY!!!

Christy said...

Congrats on being featured on All Mediocre. AWESOME!