Pages

15 October, 2008

Just a Little Yoga

I've really started to enjoy yoga since we got the wii fit. I stay away from all the religious... aspects... of course, but the stretches & stuff I like. I've mentioned to Jas that I'd like to get one of the dvd's they have for mommy's & babies... now it'd be the toddler one I suppose, but the only one I've seen she's still a little too young for. Anyways, all beside the point...

Today I looked at the yoga program on the Fit channel (or whatever it's called). It's usually way too much for me, but this one looked do-able. So I rolled out my yoga mat.

First off Kalila's eyes lit up. She walked over & started touching the mat. She sat down on it, stood up, sat down, crawled, patted it... got to know my yoga mat. (Can you tell it's been awhile since I've used it?)

I sat down & got into position and tried to focus on what I was doing... as Kalila played around me....

I think it was around the time of one of the cats (downward? upward? I dont' remember!!!) that I felt little fingers on my feet... and heard "tickle tickle tickle" - yes my daughter starts tickling me in the middle of yoga!

I go back to the starting pose (kid something - I'm bad I know) & I feel a little body trying to climb over my back...

I stretch out again in one I've never heard of (but was quite easy)... and she sits on my hand.

At that point the phone rang...

Not even half way through the thing... which was only 30 min to begin with.. and my mom called.

I think what made me saddest about the whole thing wasn't being disrupted from doing yoga... but because it was really cute seeing Kalila trying to distract me. We were having so much fun. Oh well... I guess I'll try again tomorrow.. If I have time... and if it's not a rediculously hard one...

3 comments:

susan said...

Isn't it fun to have so much "help"?

Christy said...

That sounds fun! Maybe I should get the Wii Yoga stuff too.

Mama Kalila said...

Susan - oh yeah!

Christy - I love the wii fit... esp the yoga (it gives you a good place to start, very basic & only concentrates on the breathing & balance aspect) but I was using a tv show this time. If Kalila had done that w/ me on the wii it would have spazzed out on me lol... stepping off the board gets you a lecture for giving up.