Pages

01 October, 2008

In Serious Need of Sleep...

I'll apologize if this makes no sense... I'm more than a little frazzled tonight.

After I wrote last time... I started to go to bed about Midnight when Kalila woke up. I brought her to bed & fed her. She dozed through most of it... I knew she wasn't feeling well still so I figured she'd stay there with me at least a good chunk of the night. At one point I dozed off too. The only reason I remember that is because I remember waking up (was about 3 or 4 in the morning) & feeling a burning hot butt on my arm. So I got up to give her some Tylenol before I checked her temp (was obviously up again). Just as I was pulling it out of the medicine cabinet she threw up. All over me. All over the bathroom floor. So gross. I got us cleaned up and took her temp - was just under 103. I called Jas (was so worried) & honestly I don't remember what he said lol... She slept with me the rest of the night though & her fever was down to 101 or so when we got up Tuesday.

So obviously the zoo trip was out. We're gonna try to go next week hopefully. Anyways, most of yesterday her fever stayed around 101... got up to 102 + a few times (never made it to 103 though thankfully) but still. We called the dr's to see if there was anything else we could do besides the Tylenol & rubbing her down... and they said we were fine & to bring her in today if she had a fever this morning.

One thing we did manage to get done anyway, was run to get her outfit for this weekend & pick out her gifts from one set of Great Grandparents. They had a bday section that had some cute (if pink) outfits. I liked the tutu... wished it was a diff colour, but was willing to overlook that... Kalila was not. She threw a huge fit everytime we tried to show it to her lol. In the end she picked a cute denim overall skirt & a black onsie (well, she picked a black t-shirt that said diva on it, but it was too small... we settled for the onsie). As picky as she was over the clothes... complete opposite in the toy section! She loved it... looked at a catepillar sliding thing w/ different sides (kinda like the dr's office toys), dolls, a music instrument & a doll house... She kept going back to the doll house so we went with that (and an odd ball thing that she wouldn't let go of lol). It's really cute though, part wood & part plastic... and you can buy different parts to make a whole town... and they have smaller sets to add more people... including some fantasy characters. I have a feeling her Baba will be pushing for the set w/ Captain America & Wolverine lol. (yes I saw it in the catelog that was in the package). We ended the trip w/ dinner w/ her Gido... Which was nice since we didn't get to see him on Sunday. Poor Kalila was starting to fuss agian at that point though.

So we got home... & Kalila & I went to bed early. We decided to let her sleep in here again since she's sick. I put her between me & the wall & at one point the little bed hog pushed so far that I had no room between her & Jas! I moved to the other side & Jas was giving me a hard time about hte blanket... He told me to take it & I said no, he said take it & I said no... after a bit of that when he'd say take it (and before I responded) Kalila said "takeee" - she did it several times lol. Finally after he fell back asleep I figured out a way to get part of it (with out taking it all from him or covering her up) and as soon as I did I heard a little "Thankyou" from Kalila! What timing... A few min later I figured out how to get her back to her side though... I scooted all the way to the wall & of course she followed me over... You wouldn't think someone so small could take up a whole bed, but she seems to think she can!

Anyways... We woke up & her temp was down to 99. I was so happy... and when I took it again a few hours later it was holding... and then she got cranky agian, not even half an hour later. I took her temp again & it was 101.8. So I called Jas, we decided to take her in... When we got there it was down to 100.4 (came down on it's own too, no meds that time) & the dr said it was prob just a cold virus.... Her ears are good, her throat is a little red but no blisters. Gave me new doses for meds... Said to come in tomorrow if she still has a fever then & we rescheduled the well visit tomorrow for two weeks from now. A few hours later... her temp was back up to just under 102. So I gave her Tylenol (the right dose this time lol) and when I checked her about a half hour ago she was down to 97 !!! So part of me was cheering at that... and the other part was trying to figure out why on earth she was screaming (that was why I'd pulled out the thermometer...). She was eating when it started, so I couldn't calm her down w/ that (normally the fastest way to calm her). I tried everything... I have never heard her scream so loud... Finally I put her in her crib & waited 10 min & picked her back up. She saw Mumble & started smiling & talking... but then cried when Mumble walked away and then calmed down again... stood up to walk away from me & cried again... Finally I calmed her down & she's asleep...

As I finish this a day later lol... She did good last night. Has thrown a fit or two today too, but nowhere near last night & she seems to really be feeling better. We even managed to get most of what we need for the party earlier... It looks like I'm gonna have to do the cake from scratch though (fun fun). Oh well...

Anyways, before I end this... Here are those pics I promised, plus a few more!

Mumble helping out...

Kalila's finally getting into it...


Forget the rest of it, lets play with this little piece...


All worn out... and ready for a nap


Playing dress up w/ the kitty!


I'm gonna make sure to get some more w/ her playing w/ her toys & stuff soon... I needed to empty out the camera first lol. Sorry some of those were so dark, I got them on my phone.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Aww I am sorry she was so sick! Glad she is feeling better.

Christy said...

Poor baby girl. Sick babies are so sad, because they can't tell you what is wrong. I hope she is back to her normal self soon.