Pages

27 October, 2008

Febreze & Caffeine

Don't worry, not nearly as long as my earlier post lol. I've spent most of my day doing laundry & chasing Kalila... But two things I have to mention...

This morning I was talking to my mom on the phone & getting some stuff done. Kalila was following me around playing w/ a book... I walked in here (the bedroom) and then went in the bathroom for a second to set something down. I just vacuumed the bedroom floor & made sure it was all baby proofed again so it shouldn't have been an issue. But in the second I went in the bathroom Kalila got ahold of the Febreze bottle (that I put up on a high shelf after using last night, so I'm thinking a kitty knocked it off) & stuck it in her mouth! Thankfully I did walk back in just as it happened so I don't think she actually drank any... but I called the poison control people anyway... just in case. Apparently the only things in Febreze are purfumes & alcohol... So if you have a little one get ahold of the stuff.... Most likely no reaction other than a sore throat... if she got a lot then maybe vomitting from the alcohol & to watch that
she didn't get low blood sugar if that happened. Like I said, if she got any it was prob just a few drops on the sprayer... so I didnt' think that would happen & thankfully it didn't. They also told me to do exactly what I did in the first place (w/out thinking I took her to the bathroom & washed her mouth out), said give her water & then something sweet... and that nursing would do too. Uggh. It still scared me pretty good. So I've been going around double/triple checking everything today...

The other issue today wasn't near as big a deal... I seriously need caffeine. I got a dollar out & tried to get a DP from the machine at the pool... but no it ate my dollar. And they don't have a key here... so I have to wait to get it back. Then later when I could actually get out & go to the gas station... The light wouldn't let me! We have to cross on one side of the street because the other has a step up/down that's really unsafe w/ the stroller... and the one we're on (not the one crossing) is a driveway/enterance across the way... So the light usually turns green, but w/out a crossing sign becuase its a turn lane... Then it goes red & I get my light to go. Nope it skipped. Came aroudn again.. and skipped. Came around again & skipped. At this point Kalila was starting to fuss & then it did it agian & we came home... I was not happy. I still have a headache & a serious DP craving... Baba's off tomorrow though... so maybe I can give him some Baba/Baby time & go by myself lol... or something. With my luck I won't want one by then lol.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I am a caffeine addict too. It is a hard habit to break!

Mama Kalila said...

I'm a bit surprised by it honestly. I give it up EVERY year during Lent... 6 weeks no soda... and am fine. I cut back drastically while pregnant... but now it's all I can think about & got the worst headache ever the other day. I'm so mad at myself over it too lol

Angela said...

So glad she didn't get sick from the Febreeze!!! Alex got ahold of some outdoor concentrated bleach when he just started walking. I had no idea the cap was busted. It was all over him and I had to frantically call cause I had no idea if he actually swallowed it. All it did was burn his nose, he cried so hard the poor dear. yea, I think I lost my mother of the year award cause of my awesome mothering skills lol.

BTW you have been tagged! See my blog!