Pages

19 September, 2008

My Daughter The Potty Mouth

I have been meaning to write this for days... A ton more has gone on since then, so there will be another post soon, but I thought this deserved one all to itself.

The other day (when I wrote that last post in fact... I would have done this then if I really hadn't had to do the pictures) I woke up to a quiet apartment. I got up & got a few things that I needed done...

After awhile (5 or 10 minutes at most) I heard Kalila babbleing in her crib. I figured she's playing w/ Daisey... but I slowly started making my way towards her knowing she'd be wanting breakfast soon & it is so much nicer when I wake her up or get to her before she gets mad. Right about the time I got to her door though I heard her start to cry, not scream yet, just some cries...

I walked in to find the most discusting sight I have ever seen. Her sleeper was unbuttoned at the bottom (it's now in the bag of outgrown clothes) & she'd pulled her diaper off & through the opening. See where this is going? Yup, that's right... my daughter got ahold of the poo inside & smeared it everywhere. Sheets, crib tent, Daisey, and worse... all over herself. Her little face even had it... all around her mouth!

What's funny is the first thing I thought (after the gagging reflex that I had to quash) was that I'm not going to get my camera this time! For those of you who don't know, a friend of mine did take pics of her daughter after a similar incident & greatly grossed out another friend of mine. We joked about it for awhile...

Anyways, I got her up & undressed (the rest of the way) and carried her into the tub where I pulled down the shower head & hosed her down lol. Figured that was the best way to do it. So gross though....

I know it happens. I've heard stories from several friends... Seen pictures even obviously. So I knew it could happen... but it still caught me off guard.

This may sound kinda random (but it'll make sense in a bit) but I'm glad the weather is getting cooler now. All her lighter sleepers & onesies are getting too small & the sizes she's growing into are all for colder weather so I was afraid to put them on her just yet. But between the cooler weather here (esp at night) and the fact that our AC is always set to freezing (I'm the only cool blooded person here... Kalila takes after Jas so I can't even use her as an excuse to keep it warmer) I've felt ok putting them on her the past few nights. So hopefully it won't happen again...

3 comments:

Steph said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Gee ... I wonder who took the pictures. Hehehe.

I really am sorry. I know it's a terrible mess to clean up, but I can't help but smile. It happens to the best of us. :)

Mama Kalila said...

:-D I remember seeing them, but prob wouldn't stick out so much in my mind except Quinn went off on the subject for the longest time. After this happened I had to call him up & tell him not to worry I didn't take any!

It honestly wasn't as bad as I let on (not just in blog but in person when it happened). After I got her hosed down I wrapped everything up in the sheet & tossed it all in the washer & then undid the tent & did the same w/ it. I guess it would have been worse w/out that thing. Hmmm... maybe that's how I'll convince Jas to let me put it back on!

Christy said...

Oh my god! That is disgusting! Fortunately, that has never happened to me, but Izzy does like to eat a plump spider on occasion.