Pages

21 September, 2008

The Grapes of Rash

Lets see....

Good news, doesn't look like it was the milk! I'm really happy about that because, well obviously is easier to not have to avoid it... but also she really likes cheese. Lately it's string cheese. She goes nuts for it!

Of course that leaves us w/ fruit... I've worried about her not getting enough of it - so few that she can have & most of what we have are ones she can't have. So a week ago I decided to go ahead & give her one small cube of peaches mixed in her chicken.

Next day, welcome back rash :-( We happened to go to the store that day & picked up some grapes, of the few that doesn't bother her. But I'm getting ahead of myself.... She had that rash... and after we got back from the store I let her have some of those grapes. What I didn't think about is the fact that they were black grapes, she's had red & green but not black... (I thought they were red and realized the difference as I was cutting them for her & she was grabbing at them already at that point lol) but still shouldn't have a reaction I didn't think - didn't worry about it too much. I was going to treat the one she had during her bath & at bedtime anyway. (Had just been changing her as often/much as possible & some air time until then)

Well, we ran out of both vinegar and baking soda so nothing got added to her bath! & then Jas put her diaper on & I forgot to tell him... So the next morning I was a little worried when she got up & I went to change her. I figured we were in for a rough day...

So imagine my reaction when I opened up her diaper & her butt was black! I'm not even joking... I started to freak out when I realized it was just stained from the purple juice (if you haven't had them, black grapes have deep purple juice). When I got her cleaned up I found.... a rash free bottom!

Apparently grapes are good lol.

1 comments:

Mama Kalila said...

Blogger Steph said...

So glad that the rash cleared up! But too funny about the purple butt! hahaha!

September 21, 2008 7:56 PM
Delete
Blogger Mama Kalila said...

Yeah... well, the diaper was purple (and her onesie she ate in was the day before too so I should have expected it) but her butt actually turned black... I guess the purple on top of her natural skin colour lol, I don't know...

September 21, 2008 10:40 PM