Pages

29 September, 2008

Gonna Try & Keep This Short...

I wish I could tell you I was putting up those pics today like I planned, but I'm not. It's been a long day & is not ending anytime soon. I've got stuff to do & am sure I'll be up w/ the baby again in a bit.

Earlier Jas suggested I take the baby out (I was planning on going for a walk anyway) & get some food, go by Half Priced Books, all that fun stuff. She was a little fussy & we figured it'd do her good... and I was getting hungry, so yeah. Was kinda hard to leave though because she tackeled me (literally I fell over) and rested her head on my chest. Such a sweet moment, she's never that still anymore...

So I took her to Panda Express... (I've been dreaming about Orange Chicken for weeks) and we had a nice lunch. She had some Broccoli Beef & veggies... she really likes Chinese food lol. Anyways, so after we left there we headed for the light so we could cross the street. 2 things happened.

1. I noticed that my shirt was on inside out. It's happened before, when I was in TZ & I remember being glad I was there because it wasn't quite so embarrassing. Here I would have been mortified. Well, today for a second I started to get embarrassed & then decided, you know what - I don't care! I was doing at least 3 things when I got dressed... I've got a toddler running around. If someone doesn't like it, too bad lol.

2. I heard a sucking noise & looked down to find Kalila's thumb in her mouth. At first I thought she was eating something & went to check. She wasn't. She was sucking (rather loudly) on her thumb. She doesn't do that... never has. She's chewed on it while teething, but it doesn't look or sound the same. So I was confused... Then I looked back down again to see that she'd moved on to her fingers... She was licking the food off! Apparently that was good Chinese food!

We did the bookstore thing... Mostly just wandered around & looked at stuff for awhile... and then decided to go next door for icecream. I got a child sized cup of lemon sorbet... and made the mistake of letting Kalila taste some, just a small amount on the spoon (note: her first real taste of sugar). She went crazy for it. Yummy Yummy's all over the place & grunting & hitting trying to get me to give her more. So there I was shoveling it in as fast as possible (I'm surprised I didn't get brain freeze). She got a few more tiny bites though.

On the way home she fell asleep... I think we were home 10 min when she woke up & wanted to nurse agian... and then played awhile. About 2 I put her down for a nap... She wasn't really fussy or showing that she needed sleep, but she hadn't had a real nap yet so I was hoping it'd work out lol. It did, she didn't fuss & slept 2 1/2 hours.

But when I woke her up (she was still sleeping... and I normally don't let her nap past 2 hours) she was burning up. I checked her temp & it was 102.2! Kinda scared me because that's the highest it's ever been... We got her some tylanol & stripped her down to her diaper & sponge bathed her a bit & let her nurse for a good while... and it went down pretty quickly. The next time I took it was back down to 99 (which is her normal temp)... but this last time was 100.7 . I gave her a second dose right before bed, and gonna check her agian when she wakes up.

I feel bad for her... and that I didn't realize she didn't feel well earlier. She was talking & playing the whole time (just a little quieter) so I know why I missed it, but still... Poor baby.


3 comments:

Christy said...

Poor birthday girl. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks...

Sabrina said...

I hope she is doing better now! Poor girl! Well hey at least you aren't sending her to school wondering if she's sick and getting a call from the teacher making you feel really bad! lol