Pages

28 September, 2008

Birthday Blues?

I can't believe my baby is a year old already.... it's gone by way too fast. But that's not why I'm writing...

Today is Kalila's Bday & I should be excited right? But I'm not... and I feel horrible about that. But all I can think about at the moment is how much I'm dreading next week. The birthday party that I was really looking forward too.

Nothing has gone right w/ planning. We still haven't gotten everything. I still haven't been able to make the practice cake I was going to do. One invitation came back. (At least I haven't heard of any getting lost lol...) I have 2 whole people from my family who are actually coming. I could go on, but I'll be nice... Basically I feel like once again I can't do anything right. At this point, right now, I wish we weren't having one.

Yeah, Kalila's first birthday - that I really wanted to celebrate w/ our family... and I'm sitting here wishing we could cancel the party. How sad is that?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Your baby is a year old! You have made it through a whole year of parenting! You should be VERY proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished - because, frankly, who cares about birthday parties? Cherish your baby girl and don't stress over the party.

Mama Kalila said...

Thanks! I just had a freak out moment last night/this morning. Part of it, I'm sure, is that I'm a bit sad about my baby growing up lol... but had a straw/camels back moment about the party. All the stuff I mentioned I know will work out... the who should and should not have been invited (straw) I'm just going to ignore & if either side (my family one opinion his the opposite, so two issues at once lol) says anything - too freaking bad.

As of right now I could write a whole post on shoes, but I have a feeling I'd get in trouble so I'm gonna be nice and keep my mouth shut.