Pages

07 August, 2008

No Longer a Smoke Free Home

You know... I thought I had turned things back around in the kitchen...

After baking the fork I had no more incidents. I steamed broccoli just fine. I made beef puree earlier that, I wasn't sure of what I was doing, but it turned out perfect and is now frozen. I made shells and cheese that Kalila smeared everywhere yesterday, hamburger helper, green beans, all that good stuff...

And.. I baked her chicken. I found a new recipe for it. Is very easy... and came out great. You put olive oil in the pan... you're supposed to season the meat too, but she really doesn't need salt & anything else I'll add when I thaw the cubes. Like I said, wonderful recipe.

So tonight I thought... I'll tweak it a bit & make BBQ chicken. Figured it'd work well enough right? But olive oil... maybe not. I'll substitute our reg oil... Sounds good right?

WRONG

What I forgot was that our regular oil is Sunflower Oil. Great stuff... Tastes good.. Healthy... and if you have a place like Ali Baba's where it has a decent price (never EVER by it at Walmart.. I'm not joking a bottle the size of a travel shampoo bottle is over $10) it's a good thing to have. We use it to fry, to sautee, even for Jason's salad...

But putting in a 400 degree oven? Not a smart idea...

Our apartment is now filled w/ smoke. Jason walked in and thought I caught something on fire.

Apparently my "streak" in the kitchen is not over...

0 comments: